Cuphead

I can't believe the Devil had our souls! This is ridiculous. We beat him fair and square. Now my brother and I had to stop two people named Bendy and Boris. Or we would die.

"Cup, let's stop here for the night!" Mug said, tugging my trench coat. He was pointing at a small motel.

"Argh, fine. It's getting late anyways." I replied. We went inside. There was a short lady at the check-in desk.

"Excuse me ma'am. My brother and I would like to rent out a room for the night." I said.

"Alright, how old are you boys?" she asked.

"I'm eighteen, my brother's seventeen."

"Right this way then."

"Come on Mug, let's go." He was staring at a painting of planes on the wall. We followed the lady into a small room. It had two twin beds, a desk, TV, and bathroom.

"Enjoy your stay!" the small lady said cheerfully. She left the room, closing the door behind her. I collapsed on the bed and pulled out a cigarette, then lit it. Mug sat on the end of my bed.

"Cup, you can't smoke in here! It's against the rules." Mug said.

"I don't care." I replied. When I'm stressed, smoking tends to calm me down. And boy, was I under a lot of stress.

"Come on, Cuppy! Cheer up!" Mug said, grinning.

"Make me."

"Alright, you asked for it!" Mug moved over and began to tickle me.

"NO, STOP! PLEASE! IT'S TOO MUCH!" I said, laughing like nuts. "YOU GOT ME!"

Mug was laughing himself. Oh great, both of us were cracking up.

"Seriously though, we should get some rest. You and I need to leave early tomorrow morning." I said after we were done laughing.

"Alright, if you say so Big bro!"

I took off my trench coat and threw it on the chair at the desk, then crawled under the warm covers of my bed. Mug hung his scarf and cape on a hook, and then went into his bed.

"Goodnight Cuppy!"

"Night Mug."

***

"Pay the price, young one."

"No, leave him alone! Take me instead!"

"Very well."