Chapter 7: Wishes

Lisa and I were walking along the street of my neighborhood. We were talking about school and my parents and how Lisa felt when people didn't believe in her.

   When we got back to my house, the moon had come out. My parents ran out and screamed, "AMY! Where have you been?!"

   "I-I just... I was out walking with Lisa," I said. "She was looking after m--"

   "LISA IS STUPID AND FAKE," Dad yelled. I saw Lisa get sad and disappear out of the corner of my eye.

   The next day, my dad was really busy at work and he didn't come home, even for dinner

   The next day, my dad was really busy at work and he didn't come home, even for dinner. After that, he didn't come for the weekend. Mom is angry at him, and Lisa hasn't come back either. I wrote her a letter.

Dear Lisa,

   I miss you. Please come back. I'm sorry when my dad was mean. You are my best friend.

           Love, Amy

   After writing the letter, I sat in my backyard, blowing dandelions and making wishes. I picked my first one and thought up a wish. I wish that Lisa would come back.

   I blew on the dandelion and watched the little flurries float away in the wind. Then I picked another.

   I wish Dad would come back home.

   I blew on it and picked yet another.

   I wish other people could see Lisa.

   I blew on it and picked my last one.

   I wish Lisa can be safe.