Chapter 5: Evelyn's POV

A/N:: ahhhhhh pls don't hate me I'm soRry

/////

I woke up to someone vigorously shaking me.

"Wake up, dammit!"

I squinted into the darkness. "T..Tanner?"

The person ceased the shaking and laughed.

"I'm sure you wish. It's Frank."

"Frank? What the fuck? Why are you laughing? Why are you here? It's like 2 in the morning! Where's Tan-"

He placed a finger on my lips and hushed me. "Shh. We need to go. I'll explain everything in the car."

"Why?" I asked, lifting the covers off myself. Thankfully, this wasn't one of the nights where I slept naked.

"We're- we'll, you're in fucking danger."

I tried to respond but he cut me off. "Grab everything you absolutely need. We might be on the run for a while."

"What...?"

Frank bit his lip and paused. "Just... do as I say."

Apparently asking questions wasn't helping at all, so I just followed him.

I placed a couple shirts, pants, and other things of the sort in a small suitcase.

"Don't worry bout toiletries." Frank said. "We'll buy them."

Couple minutes later, I was ready to go.

"Oh by the way" Frank began, taking the suitcase out of my hand "Tanner wasn't here when I arrived. You probably know where he is."

"No...No I don't."

How odd. Maybe he's cheating on me or some dumb shit.

Me and Frank jogged to his car. He popped open the trunk and swiftly threw my stuff in on top of what I presume were his things.

He unlocked the door and slid in, without speaking a single word. I followed.

In the ignition went his key and the car started with a satisfying hum. Music that I didn't know began playing loudly.

"Sorry, hah." said Frank as he twisted the volume knob down.

He turned to me and hesitated before speaking. "Look...I'm sorry to do this to you but you have to answer me honestly. Are you willing to leave your life behind and come with me?"

"I-I'm sorry?"

"I've done something very, very bad. If I leave now you'll never see me again. But if you come with me I promise I'll make it worth it."

I looked into his eyes. He seemed so sincere. I'd be absolutely insane to just say yes and go.

But I never said I was sane.

"Fuck it, okay. Whatever. But you need to tell me what you did."

He paused for a moment. "Jamia tried to kill me out of jealousy. So, I ran. She's a crazy bitch, and I'm afraid she'll come for you."

"So she's jealous?" I was stunned. "Of me?" I asked, like I didn't already know. I'm not narcissistic, but I'm also not an idiot.

"I'm sure you knew that already."

"I mean shit... I won't say that I didn't." I giggled sadly. "I thought what we had was over."

"Yeah, so did I." He caught my gaze and looked in my eyes. "But as cheesy as it sounds, when I saw you, it brought the feelings I'd had for you before back, and this time they were multiplied."

I looked away. "Frank...I..."

He sighed. "Look, again, if you want to go, it'll hurt like a motherfucker, but I can take it. I just don't want to force you back into-"

I took his face into my hands and kissed him. I don't know why. It just felt right.

It lasted for about a minute till I pulled away. His lips followed me for a split second, then he opened his eyes.

"Well..." I began "there seems to be no better option for me than to just go with you. I have nothing here. And I've always had something with you."

"Shit Evelyn...you're making me feel all liquidy."

I laughed. "What?"

"Yknow, all romancey and shit."

"Ahhh... is that bad?"

"No" he smiled. "It's really, really good."

I turned away, blushing slightly. It's so odd to feel this way again.

Frank cleared his throat. "Well, shall we? I'm planning to meet up with Gerard, and on the way we can listen to some songs I wrote if you'd like."

"Oh fuck yeah! I haven't heard your stuff in a while. I'm excited."

He turned red as a tomato and opened the glovebox, fingering through some cds and cassettes. "Hm, lets do this."

He slid the cd in the radio and I laid back as he drove. The music filled the comfortable silence, and I felt at peace.

God, I hope this lasts.