Interlude

(I have not changed it since none of my changes to the story effect this scene I.e it is the same as in the film)

Washington, D.C.

Assembled people: [chatters]

Keller: Steve.

Steve: Hello, Mr. Secretary.

Keller: They're so young.

Officer: They're the top subject matter experts, sir. NSA's recruiting right out of high school these days.

Bearded analyst: Guys... that's the Secretary of Defense.

Male analyst: I am so underdressed.

Steve: Ladies and gentlemen, the Secretary of Defense.

Keller: Please be seated. I'm John Keller. Obviously, you're wondering why you're here, so, these are the facts. At 1900 local time yesterday, the SOCCENT Forward Operations Base in Qatar was attacked. So far as we know, there were no survivors. The objective of the attack was to hack our military network. We're not sure exactly what they're after, but we do know that they were cut off during the assault, which would lead us to assume that they're going to try it again. Now, no one's taken responsibility for the attack. And the only real lead we have, so far, is this sound.

Recording: [electronic sound]

Keller: That's the signal that hacked our network. NSA's working at full capacity to analyze it and intercept further communications but we need your help to find out who did this. Now, you've all shown considerable ability in the area of signals analysis. We're on a hair-trigger here, people. The President has dispatched battle groups to the Persian Gulf and Yellow Sea. This is as real as it's ever gonna get. Now I'm gonna leave you to your officer-in-charge. You'll break up into teams and you'll start your work. Good luck. To us all.