~chapter 14~

I woke up the next morning covered in Eduardo's blankets and duvet. The house was silent. As if ghosts had moved in whilst we were gone.

The morning sun flooded through the room, tinted slightly blue because of the curtains. The smell of deodorant was still strong and I didn't want to get up.

My eyes scanned to Eduardo's bedside table. A single picture frame of Mum, Dad, Eduardo and I was inside. We were all smiling.

Next to it was a pen, a watch, a toy car and a note....

What on earth?

What was a note doing there?

I picked it up, unfolded it and perused at Eduardo's swirly signature.

Dear Mum or Dad or Emilia or anyone who's reading this.

Life's not going great. I'm not me. Everyone at school hates me, the viewers probably do too. I'm unconfident at everything. Scared of everthing. Who knows what the future may hold?

I don't know why I'm writing this but I'm going to write more notes. More notes to find the truth.

The truth why I may no longer be here.

My brain froze. What was this note trying to say? And are their more notes?

I need to collect them. I need to find the truth. I need to save my brother.

I jumped out of bed and pulled the curtains apart. The cobbled street was ahead and I could see kids from my school walking past, pushchairs and hands being hold. I looked at the not once more.

'Everyone at school hates me'

That was it. I needed to go back into school. I needed to get one step closer to finding the truth about what happened to Eduardo.

This mission was a riddle.

And I couldn't wait to find the answers.