ROXANNE LARS & NOAH HENDERSON

WRITING CONTEST

LOVE ON FLIGHT 309

"Excuse me, I'm supposed to be taking the connecting flight to the Dominican Republic?"

"Sorry mam but that flight has been cancelled."

"What! How the hell I'm I supposed to get there now? I'm supposed to be meeting my family there and spend new year with them."

"Ma please calm down. We- "

Another passenger pushed through the crowd of people, making it to the flight desk. Roxanne Lars doesn't even take note of the man beside her. She was much too focused on the flustered flight receptionist in front of her.

"Uh excuse but I'm supposed to be taking the connecting flight to the Dominican Republic?"

The poor receptionist let out a sigh, afraid of getting the same reaction that she got with the lady.

"I-I'm s-sorry sir but I j-just told the lady ri-right here th-that the flight ha-has b-been ca-cancelled." She couldn't help but stutter.

Roxanne scoffed, folding her hands across her chest in anger. How is she supposed to get there now? there aren't any other available flights to get there and this is the only available time she can spend with her family before college starts again.

"What the hell are we supposed to do now huh? Who the hell do you think you guys are cancelling flights just like that? I want to speak to the manager, right now."

"Ma calm down, we have- "

Roxanne slams her fist against the desk, startling both the lady and the man. "I said I want to speak to the manager right now or else I swear I will- "

"Excuse me miss but stop acting like you are the only one whose flight got cancelled. I had an important event, but you don't see me complaining do you, plus this poor lady is only doing her job, so don't take out your anger on her."

How dare he, Roxanne thought. She turned to the man, ready to put him in his place, but her voice died in her throat when she took note of the handsome black haired, grey eyed man beside her.

"N-Noah, Noah Henderson?"

"Yeah, and who are- "Noah trailed of when he saw the auburn haired, chocolate eyed lady that has plagued his dreams ever since the incident.

"Roxanne Lars. Coco is that you?" his eyes scanning her up and down.

Memories came back as they both faced each other. Roxanne was flustered and angry, especially when he called her the name he gave to her because of her eyes. She thought she was able to escape her past but now it has come to bite her in the ass ten times worse.

"Excuse me ladies and gentlemen. For those of you that were supposed to aboard flight 309, it has been cancelled, but the airline board feels bad and there for they decided that you can spend your New Year's Eve in the Hamilton Hotel and resort, courtesy the airline."

Everyone cheered.

"Yes, but you are to be in pairs and it will be according to number, so look at your numbers, the one after yours is your partner."

And as fate will have it, Roxanne and Noah checked their numbers, then looked at each other's.

"You have got to be kidding me." They said in sync.

Indeed, Roxanne's number was 103, while Noah's was 104. Roxanne tried to complain but there was nothing they could do. They only sent her sheepish smiles then started attending to other passengers.