Short story pt. 3

I couldn't take it anymore. Such a horrible and gruesome scene. All the fear and regret filled my throat, but I didn't scream. All I could do was vomit.

Minutes passed until the barfing stopped and stared down, shivering. My face cooling down with tears from my red and irritated eyes. They wandered down my body until my eyes found a dark liquid under my feet. I was standing in a puddle of blood. At that moment I just wanted to lay down, give up, and die. But I couldn't. Not until i was done.

I looked up and sighed in relief when I saw the demon was still vulnerable. He was kneeling with both hands placed on the floor. His head was down letting his chin touch his chest.

The room was very quiet beside my panting and sniffing, but oddly enough, I became aware of a rough ,but soft sniveling. Was he...crying? Suddenly, my anger soothed and I slowly limped towards it, cautious to not slip in my barfed blood. When I was nose to nose with the demon, I could hear his whimper clearly. But the voices of my muses washed away my pity.

This is a monster, they chanted, you have to kill this felony, or else you will put us all in jeopardy!

It's true that most of me wanted to get over this quickly, but seeing him like this, in pain, so vulnerable, made me miserable. Also, this creature, even though it literally radiated fear, was very majestic. So scary, yet so beautiful. So human-like, yet so powerful.

Being this close I should have already been torn to shreds, but luckily he kept his head lowered, shedding silent tears. I could hear his heartbeat racing.

He was just as scared as I was.

My muses were outraged but convinced me to make a test: put my hand in his shoulder to see how he reacted. If he didn't try to kill me, I would be allowed to try to reason with him. If not, I would continue with my actions. I let the urge to help carry me away.