I Love Him

I walk to his house which is only a twenty minute away on foot. I was excited to see my boyfriend, Austin! I'm 16 and dad is very over protective of me when it comes to boys. I understand but I want my freedom too. I know he won't hurt me. He's proven himself time and time again.

Even after being a complete jerk and thought I would lose his trust forever, he forgave me but told I had to learn from my mistake. I was feeling doubts. All I wanted was to sit down maybe watch a few movies and enjoy each other's company.

I arrive at the two story building in front of me and ring the bell. Soon his mother, Martha, answers.

"Hey there sweetheart! It's been awhile how've you been!" She's excited to see me. I love her, she's such a doll.

"I've been great actually! Thanks for asking. I just passed one of my finals too and I'm pretty proud of myself." I respond.

"Well great job. I know how those can be a bit difficult."

She walks over giving a polite hug that I obviously return.

"I also wanted to ask if you told your dad about you dating my son and all that."

"Oh yeah, about that...umm- you know..."

I become a bit flustered at her question.

"Oh honey. I understand how your feeling I really do. But you have to tell him sooner or later. It's the right thing to do. You and Austin have been together for almost a year now and I believe it would make your father happy if you at least told him. Whether he agrees with it or not, he would know."

"I-I understand. I guess I'm just afraid of h-how he'll react and all. I don't know, I just don't feel ready." I guess I should've thought of this more.

Martha pulls me in for a loving hug.

"I love you sweetheart, like your my own child. It's the most responsible decision you have right now. And for the record I approve of course."

I guess the one thing that Austin and I have in common is that we both have single parents. He only has his mom and I only have my dad. Its nice to have someone you can relate with.

"Thanks Martha. You really are the best mom." I say.

She pulls away and smiles sweetly.

"Go on! I know your dying to see him again after that long vacation. He's in his room."

I walk upstairs and open the door quietly. I didn't tell him I was coming over so I wanted it to be a surprise.

I peek inside and see him on his bunk bed reading his book. I walk in and close the door behind me.

"Hey!" I smile.

I can tell he's a bit shocked.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Austin asks, putting his book away.

He's one of those type of guys whos a big nerd. He prefers to study, read, and write. Only has one social media, Instagram, and only plays GTA IV only once in a while. He's also one of those guys who wears eyeglasses and looks pretty attractive.

"Just wanted to see you." I clime onto to the top bunk of his bed and wrap my arms around his torso, hearing his soft heartbeat against my ear.

"This is a pleasant surprise, to be honest. I've been feeling a bit stressed with school work and all."

"Oh? Was it because of the finals?" I ask.

"Ah-no- well a little but, its not exactly that. High school is almost over and I just want to be the best I can be. Go to a good college. Possibly be an author in the future."

"Hey! Don't worry about a thing. You've always been so dedicated to what you love. Even with the huge bumps in the road you've received, you always been so dedicated and so hard working! Like me!"

"Wait, that hard working part is true? Heh, the last time I checked you wanted me to get you ice cream from the kitchen and you were in the kitchen." He teased.

"Uh-hey! You were close by what was I suppose to do?"

"Lies. I was in my room."

"I never lie, I prefer the term, exaggerating the truth."

We laugh a bit and rest for a moment. Luckily my dad is out for awhile.

"You really do believe in me?" He asks in an almost child-like voice. So delicate and soft.

"Its not even a question! I always believed that worrying for the future is always important but having that on your mind 24/7 can lead someone to stress. Like you, I hate seeing you like this."

"I never meant to worrying you. I apologies."

"Its okay! Its my job to worry! Maybe you can try keeping your thoughts on the present instead of the future. You know, focus on the now."

"Hmm. Your right."

He shifts and puts two fingers under my chin, pulling me towards him. As I close my eyes I can feel his warm, soft lips against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck as he puts his one of his hands on my waist pulling him closer to me in the passionate kiss.

We pull away and he looks deep in my eyes, grinning. His dark choclate brown eyes burn its picture into my brain. Gosh this feels so cheesy, and my heart is racing a mile a minute. He makes it worse by putting his hand on my cheeck and moves closer to my ear.

"Youll always be my little kitten." He gives me a small kiss on my neck.

Argh! Why does he do this to me?! He loves seeing me at my weakest point does he?

"S-stop teasing me like that!"

He chuckles. "Why would I? Your just as adorable as one."

"Well, your an- a- a-" I can already feel the heat rise to my cheeks from embarrassment.

"'A what' kitten?" He has this shit eating grin on his face, clearly enjoying seeing me in my impending doom.

"A- a flamingo!"

Ha! That will show him! Totally! Yeah, sure its a bit random but that should get his teasingly stupid but cute smile off his face-

Wait- he's just straight up laughing at me!

"Hey! Stop laughing at me!" I yell.

"Seriously that's the best you could come up with?" He says still giggling.

"Whatever, stupid."

"Aww is my little kitten giving me a pout?" He leans in a little closer to my face.

"I hate you."

"Ill always love you too."

He kisses me again and this time with a little more passion and longing. My heart melts into it, forgetting the world around me.