Chapter 5

AN: Wow the story's already almost got 200 views ;) thanks guys, it means so much to me, you don't even understand. So I said that I was going to do Zayn's POV, but I decided against it, sorry. I will later on though, promise.

----

Danielle's POV

I walked hand in hand with Liam, laughing absent mindedly at something he'd said, when I suddenly saw Megan running through the bustling school hallway, with her head down, looking as if someone had just told her that her grandmother died. She rushed into the girls' bathroom, and I looked worriedly up at Liam, who had noticed her too.

"Babe, something's wrong, I'm gonna go try and talk to her. Will you get Zayn for me, please," I said quickly, dropping his hand as I started walking to the bathroom. He followed me, and put a finger under my chin, making me look into his eyes.

"Dani, she's gonna be okay. I don't think that you talking to her will really help much.. Something's happened between her and Zayn, I'm sure of it, because he's been acting so weird today whenever someone mentions her. He gets all nervous, like he's hiding something.. I dunno, babe... Something's up, and I think they need to figure it out on their own," he finished, leaning down to wrap his arms around me. I nodded, agreeing with him. I kissed his cheek softly and whispered," I just need to make sure she's okay, Li." I gently unwrapped myself from his arms and slid into the girls' room. I heard someone sobbing inside the first stall, and knew immediately that it was her. 

Every instinct in my body was yelling at me to go to her, and to make sure that she was okay, but I remember what Liam had said about letting them figure out their problems together. I sighed, and quickly slipped out of the bathroom. I walked straight passed Liam and  practically sprinted down the hallway until I found him. His black quif wasn't perfectly molded as usual. His face looked tired, and you could easily tell that he wasn't doing well. His eyes looked dead, and I wanted nothing more than to give him a massive hug, and tell him everything was going to be okay. But like Liam said, he needed her, and she needed him. 

I walked up so that I standing right in front of him. "Zayn, come with me," I said, grabbing his arm. He looked curiously down at me, but finished putting his stuff into his locker quickly and followed me to the girls' room. I was about to walk straight in, when he turned me around, laughing down at me.

"Uh, Dani. I can't exactly just waltz into the girls' bathroom with you, love," he said, raising an eyebrow at me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes a bit.

"Zayn, just go in there. It's important, Megan's bawling her eyes ou-" He'd already ran straight into the bathroom, looking concerned as hell. I sighed, and leaned against my locker, giving them their privacy. Liam walked over to me, and held my hand. I sighed, and pecked his lips softly.

"He just better not hurt her, Liam," I said, frowning. 

"C'mon, Danielle. It's Zayn and Megan we're talking about. He'd never do anything to intentionally hurt her. She's been basically his entire life since we were all kids," he said firmly, looking into my eyes. I nodded, still a bit unconvinced and watched as the bathroom door swung open. Out walked Zayn, with his arm slung around Meg's tiny waist, holding her close to his side. Megan's makeup was a little smeared, but other than that, there was no indication that she'd been crying. She was actually smiling a little bit as Zayn whispered something into her ear. 

Liam grinned down at me, "Told you so." I punched his shoulder playfully, and we walked over to them. I looked into Megan's eyes, silently asking if she was alright. She nodded, a smile on her lips.

We all walked to class, and as I sat down, I got out my cell phone, and texted her.

"you're coming over today, & you will tell me everything x"

A couple seconds later my phone buzzed and I looked down at her reply.

"uggh, fine. bring the tissues & chocolate ice cream though, we'll need it"

AN: Sorry the chapter was so short, it was kind of just a filler. Please comment and let me know what you guys are thinking so far. I'll update sometime soon again, love ya.