chapter 4

Chapter 4

"I'm ..." I had two choices then, to either tell her my name and tell her I did not have an identification number and card like the rest or I could lie and see what happens. I chose the second option " My name is Reign, I died in a lake called Bear lake by drowning" and my number is...." I paused. What if someone else had the number I chose surely they would know I was lying. Why was I lying? Well the man told me not to tell anyone he was letting me go early. I was also quite frightened. Well since I skipped death once YOLO is out of use at this time. "My number is 1013" the woman paused and looked up. "Really ?!?!?" she looked at me quizzically now having grown a frown on her face. I cleared my throat "yes."
She nodded clearly disturbed" what is your group?"I paused and tried to remember everything on Gwen's card. The color. Color. "Red" I blurted out. the woman stared out me for a good second then printed out something on the computer, she gave me a card, it had my name...my new name, the place I passed the upper world, as she called it (Bear Lake), a red dot, and my number (1013)she pointed to a door and said go through there. Then she called someone over. That's when I turned around. I should not have turned around. I saw other people in lines being taken away, and others screaming. The ones that were behind me were also being taken away. My heart sunk as I ran.

I felt a weird rush as I walked right threw the door. I stood there just breathing, thinking about what happened. Why did I run? I let my breath settle as I looked down at my bare feet and gripped the rim of my dress. I felt cowardice and guilty for leaving those people. There were children and families. I could no longer hear their screams and my feet would not allow me to turn around and look back. I blinked back a few rebellious tears and tried to run through in my head what has just happened in the last few minutes. I tried to calm down by telling myself 'well they were already dead it's not like anything could happen...' I did not question that thought. I put my head up and took a look in the hallway I was in. The floor was metal like the one in the hallway going from the room I woke up in to the big circular room. The celling was black and domed over, the walls were also black but at the floor there was bright orange bulbs lighting the way. I took a step forward, and did not stop. One foot after another I kept walking forward on the lit up floor. I held my left hand slightly in front of my waist so I wouldn't bump in to anything. My walking pace was incredibly slow and I noticed I was shaking. I openly gasped when I felt my toes and the fingertips of my left hand come in contact with something in front of me. That something felt freezing cold and hard. I tapped it with my fingers nail and got a low pitched 'thunk' that vibrated throughout the piece of metal in front of me. I pushed on it with the palms of my hands and felt the coldness seep in to my hands. The metallic wall, opened.