Chapter 5

A loud buzzing and a bright light invaded my senses. I felt like I wanted to scream but all that came out was a cut off yelp as I lowered myself to the ground gripping at my eyes. I could tell the ground was cold and metal but I could not see or hear anything. I felt warm sticky tears stream down my face as my eyes stung with the bright light burning them. I tried to scream again but was left with a lump in my throat unable to make a sound. Then the buzzing started to quiet, the light started to dim and I could breathe again. After a few minutes of sitting staring at the ground I blinked away thousands of black dots and realized my eyes were open again. the buzzing had stopped but I could still hear a slight ring in my ears. There dried tears on my face causing it to feel like a mask had be put on. I felt like I was going to vomit. I breathed heavily and coughed glad to feel control over my body again. That is when I decided to take in my surroundings. I looked up and was met with a bright white room that was completely empty. There were no items no doors, I whipped my head around and searched for the door that was supposed to be there. I stood up my legs shaking when I heard a click coming from the other side of the room. It reminded me of when I first got into this dreadful situation. A woman dressed in all red then walked into the room, it looked like she opened part of the wall and as soon as she closed it you couldn't even tell something had been there. The woman smiled to me and reached out with a hand gently"Hi my name is Angel,may I see your card please" her voice was soft and sweet like sponge cake or a blanket to wrap around yourself, she made me feel calm. Her hair was a beautiful blonde like honey flowing down her shoulders and her eyes were a soft, light, brown. "W-what" I stupidly stared at her. "The one they gave you at the counter not the badge when you woke up" she smiled again her hand still outstretched. "Uh um" I glanced around me looking not even knowing what I was looking for, my head was a jumbled up mess, I put my hand to my forehead somehow thinking that would help clear my mind. "Oh it's right there" she said smiling and pointed to the ground behind me. I must have dropped when I walked in. I walked over and picked up feeling nauseous as I bent over. My palms were sweating like crazy and I was shaking like a wet dog, but I walked over to her and handed her the card as calm as my body could bare. "Thank you, oh and I like your eyes" she gently took the card from my hand, her hands were soft and light, not a scratch on them. She wasn't much taller then me maybe about an inch, and she looked to be in her early twenties. "What, my eyes" every noise I heard felt like an echo now and I felt as though I would pass out. "Yes they are two different colors, it's very pretty and unique I like it." she smiled at me again. "Uh thanks" I mumbled. She took a glance at my card "1013 huh, this is your number?" She didn't look mad or disturbed like the woman behind the computer but she did look a little confused. I got the bad feeling that I picked the wrong number. I coughed "Uh Um y-yes I mean that the number they gave me I don't know if-" " It's ok really you don't need to worry" she put a comforting hand on my shoulder. I cursed myself for seeming weak and unstable, I didn't even know these people and I didn't want to make the impression that I needed to be taken care of."Come with me it is time for me to show you something, you will start a new life and I promise you will be able to see and do great abilities you never even thought possible" That is when she opened the wall.