Day 4

It's the next day and I surprisingly woke up extremely refreshed. Unfortunately I have to work again today, but I don't have to go in until one o'clock. Luckily I get off at five-thirty. Which also means there's only one break instead of two. It also means, five minutes instead of fifteen during break. Today is payday as well. I usually get paid two-thousand coins each week on Thursdays. But since I only worked one day, well, two if I include today, I'll probably only get paid seven hundred coins. Which isn't bad, as long as I'm getting paid it's fine by me. Especially since tomorrow is the day the fairies will be making their rounds again and I'm not allowed to give them less than fifty coins or else it's Trap time. I never understood that rule at all. I thought it was a stupid rule. But whatever the stupid faires say, the King and Queen says, so we have to follow.

I got up from my bed and decided to get ready for the day. Once I took my shower, and I got my clothes on, I went into the living room. Denise was lying down on the couch, Celeste was cooking breakfast and it smelled delicious.

"Well," I said as I took a seat at the table, "good morning."

"Mornin'." Denise said still lying down on the couch. I looked over at Celeste who quickly waved her hand before resuming back to her cooking. She was highly concentrated on making sure breakfast would be cooked to perfection. I'm actually glad she's cooking. She rarely does this even though she knows how to since I taught her, her mother taught her, and so did my Ma.

I began thinking while I waited for the food. That's when I remembered Celeste's drawing. I glanced in her direction, she seemed pretty occupied, seemed to be ignoring the world at the moment. I silently tiptoed towards her room.

"Where are you goin', daddy?" I heard Denise ask as she sat up and stared at me with those big, shiny, brown eyes. I smiled at her.

"Nowhere." and I resumed my mission of finding Celeste's abstract drawing in her room. I went into her room and shut her door quietly. Then I began searching around. Her drawings obviously weren't on the floor. She would never leave them scattered around. Celeste never really liked it when other people saw her drawings, she liked to keep them private most of the time. However, there have been some pictures she didn't mind showing as long as we didn't stare at them too long while she held them.

I searched under her bed, in her desk, on top of her desk, in her closet. There were many drawings that I found but it wasn't the tribal abstract one. Her artworks may always have meaning in them but the one I saw meant more to me for some reason and I wanted to find out why. I wanted to observe the story for myself. I searched as quickly as I could before I got busted by either Celeste or Denise. But I just wasn't able to find it, but I just knew it had to be somewhere. Somewhere, someplace that I would never think of. But where?

I faced the window so the sun rays could hit me face, maybe open up my mind a little bit more.

"What are you doing?"

I froze, I just knew I was busted. I turned around with a smile on my face. It was Celeste. How did she open up the door so silently?

"Nothin'. What're you doin'?" I said leaning in a bit. Celeste at first wasn't smiling but she smirked a minute afterwards.

"The drawing you're trying to find is somewhere. Just not in here. It's not in Denise's room either or your room."

"Well," I leaned back, "where is it?"

Her smirk soon turned into a smile, "Food's ready!" then she walked off. I stood there, thinking about where it could be. I then realized I was thinking too much when a slight headache started to occur. I needed to get something to eat. I walked out her room and headed towards the table that had nothing but loads of food on top of it. It looked and smelled extremely delicious. Both of my daughters were sitting down at the table waiting patiently for me to join them. As soon as I sat down, all of us began digging into the food. We talked, we laughed, we enjoyed the meal. It was a pretty pleasant time. While we were eating, I kept looking up at the clock to make sure I wouldn't be late for work.