Seven

The heist was all done and Shinichi manged to get out with some dignity; he mostly thanked Reiko for that, because if people saw the actual Shinihi Kudou in that costume, then he was ready to kill himself.

Thankfully, he could live with the way things went, for the most part. Embarrassement was still killing him; almost as much as that one time he was dead drunk. Definitely the worst thing he ever did in his life. Screaming regret. He was still breaking his head from time to time because of what he did; ironically, he still drank.

The only bright points of the heist were:

A) no murder

Kid's heists never had one, which was pretty much the only time he could be somewhere, at a part no less, when people didn't fall over and died. That was always something good. Got the mental challenge, but not the horror of murder.

B) he wasn't recognised as Shinichi Kudo

He didn't want to have to explain that and he would never live it down. Not with Yukiko being his mother and all. Hell, the press would give him an easier time than she would.

C) no one tried to kill or harm anyone

Not only did no one succumbed to death, he also didn't have to prevent someone's death. Always a bonus.

D) the puppy was the cutest thing ever

It was the most amazing, fluffy ball of fire ever. He fell in love with him immediately. How could anyone not?

Which was why, after it was established that the little puppy had no owner, Shinichi took him home. The little boy was washed, fed, thoroughly petted and cuddles by the great detective. He loved that boy; named him Hiro. Due to him being a hero that saved his evening when almost everything went wrong.

Despite his sensitivity to well, touching or being touched, he couldn't really bring himself to let the young one alone. The soft fur felt too good under his fingers anyways. Hiro was a loveable bastard that could go under anyone's skin easily. He was skyping with Hattori before, reporting how the heist went, said he adopted the sweety and yeah, Hattori loved him too.

Hattori and Hiro were great for distracting Shinichi from the heist; all he needed was to think about what KID had done with him.

He lived that too.

He wanted him to do it again, dammit.