Chapter 9

Natalie's POV
I had been by Seth's side the whole time hoping to god that he wouldn't turn. He hadn't woken up from a coma that the bite had put him in. "Natalie you should really go hunt. You haven't for a while." Jasper said from the doorway. The pack and the Cullens had made a treaty that they could come over the border to visit me ever since Seth had gone into the coma. My heart broke every time I read his mind. "He has nightmares about me dying, I can't use my powers to stop them." I sobbed kissing his hand over and over again. "Natalie please, Jared said he would watch over him until you got back." He pleaded looking at me with sad eyes. "Okay Jazz." I said getting up, but falling back onto the ground. "You're so weak that you can't even stand." Jasper said hurt lacing his voice. "Seth wouldn't want to see you like this." He added. I nodded and Jasper helped me to my feet and I smelt the blood of a cougar near by. I ran into the forest tripping a few times, but not enough to stop me from biting the big cat and draining its blood.  I felt energy fill me, but I needed more. It had been weeks maybe months since I had last fed. I caught two deer on the way back and Alice was waiting for me in front of the house. "I brought some of your comfortable clothes, Rose told me it would be best for you, get a shower, the blood will make the others uneasy." She said. I took the bag from her and finally noticed the blood covering my old clothes. I went inside and took a cold shower and cleaned myself off. I picked the silk shorts, and black hoodie that Seth had gave me out of the bag. I stared at the pair of clothes before putting them over my undergarments. Seth's scent was on it and it oddly comforted me. I walked back into the guest room in Emily's house. "You look better, less like you're starving yourself." Jared said looking at me. "Yeah, thanks for watching over him." I said looking at Seth. I saw him turn over to his side and I gasped loudly. I ran over to him and sat on the empty space next to him looking as tears rolled down his cheeks. 

*FLASHBACK*
"Carlisle what's wrong with him?" I sobbed looking at him. "He's in a coma, I think his werewolf genes are trying to fight of the vampire venom. I don't know how long he'll be unconscious." He explained placing a hand on my shoulder. "Natalie I can tell you this much, there is a 67 percent chance that he isn't affected, but a 33 percent chance that he is." He said. I nodded and brushed hair away from his face. "I'll protect you for all eternity." I whispered kissing his cheek.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Seth, it's Natalie. Please Seth wake up, please." I begged placing a cold hand on his cheek. I brushed the tears away. "Don't leave me Seth." I sobbed. 

Seth's POV
I didn't know if it was Jane's power that Natalie told me about or whether something else was going on. The images, the horrors that played over and over were too much. I couldn't bear it. I heard muffled talking and I tried to turn on my side. I heard a loud gasp and guessed it worked. "Seth, it's Natalie. Please Seth wake up, please." Natalie's words ran through my head and I felt her cold hand on my cheek. "Don't leave me Seth." I couldn't stand to hear her cry, it made me mad, sad and frustrated all at the same time. I opened my eyes and smiled as I saw Natalie's face. "I'm not gonna leave you." I whispered lifting a hand to her cheek. She froze as she felt my touch and opened her eyes to look at me. "Y-you're okay." She smiled and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her and buried my face in her hair. "I'm thirsty." I said as she released me. "For what?" She asked. "Water." I said knowing I wasn't a vampire made me happy. She ran downstairs and came back with a glass of water. I quickly downed it and she held me in another hug. "God I'm so glad you're okay." She murmured. I pulled her into my lap and peppered her face with kisses. "I hated the nightmares." She nodded and kissed me passionately. "Natalie we came as fast as we could!" Edward and Makayla said at the same time. Makayla glared at him and I could feel Natalie's discomfort so I held her closer and looked at her two siblings. "You two, Makayla Natalie is forgiving Edward. You need to also, for Natalie's sake." I said Natalie looked at me and smiled. "You were bit by a vampire and just woke up from a coma. Let me take care of you before you take care of me dammit." She laughed and I joined in at her response. Makayla looked at Edward and she stopped glaring at him. "I'll never forget what you did to Natalie, but that doesn't mean I won't forgive. You have to promise her that you'll be there for her." Makayla said. Edward nodded and hugged his younger sister. I smiled and Natalie squeezed me gently. "Natalie we have a big problem." Edward said looking at us. "What's going on?" I asked. "The Voltori they're back. They're coming for Natalie." He said. Natalie looked so scared. I wiped away a tear that slipped out of her eyes. "I'm not gonna let them hurt you, the whole pack will be by your side." I said trying to bring her closer to me. "I don't understand what they want from me." She said. "They want your power." Edward said looking at her.