Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Grandpa comes and wakes me up at six in the morning, which makes me groan. I never get up this early. He says he needs to speak to me, so he'll be making breakfast while I do my morning routine. But I don't have a toothbrush so I can't brush my teeth. I use a hairbrush that's in the bathroom and I stay in the same clothes as yesterday since I don't have any others. When I get downstairs, there is toast and eggs on the table. I sit down, as does Grandpa, and we fill up our plates.

"I'm going to take you to the shops today. You don't have any luggage", Grandpa says.

"I have some of my parents' money left so I can use that".

"If you need more, just ask".

"I don't want to take advantage of your generosity".

"You're not, I'm offering. I haven't spent money on someone in a long time. Who better to spend it on than my granddaughter?" He smiles.

"Thank you so much".

I'm amazed at how generous he is.

"Also, I thought about something last night and I think it's a great idea. You said you've always been homeschooled, so you're going to finish year twelve at Marian High".

My mouth falls open in shock. My parents offered me school and I came to the conclusion I didn't want to go.

"You are not going to be lounging around here all day".

"Is this a rule?" I merely ask.

"I'd like you to go to school, Braelynn. It will be good for you to meet new people, though I'm honoured you just want to spend your time with me".

"I don't know". I nervously bite my lip.

"Well, I've already arranged your acceptance into the school so, too bad", Grandpa says, making me frown. His way or the highway, I guess.

"Okay". I give in, knowing it might be a good idea. I guess I'll find out.

"There is a pack in this area, though. I'm not sure if your father told you, but I left my pack after my mate died. I moved here to be closer to one of the big cities to keep busy with work. I had to ask permission from this pack to live in peace with them".

I'm surprised. My dad said his dad was annoyed when he left the pack. Yet Grandpa left too.

"Oh, do I have permission?"

"I will speak to them".

"Thank you".

"Now, let's go shopping", he says once we finish our breakfast. We get in his car and he drives us into town. "Do you know how to drive?"

"No, I never got my licence because we relied on our wolves to take us everywhere".

"We'll get to that then".

We arrive at the large shopping centre and go inside. I never hung out at the shopping centre where we lived because my priorities were working out, running and Theo. We enter a clothes shop and I try to buy the items that are on sale so as not to spend too much of Grandpa's money. I grab two pairs of pyjamas, two sets of casual clothes, some workout clothes, bras and underwear and then some shoes. That's all I need really. Then we go into a chemist, so I buy a toothbrush and some tampons.

"Need any makeup?" Grandpa asks. "Every girl seems to wear that."

"No, I don't wear makeup".

Theo said I'm beautiful without it, so I never felt the need to decorate my face.