Chapter 1~ Time

Zelda's POV:
I landed on my back in a pile of debris, all the air left my lungs and I was stuck laying on the ground struggling to catch my breath. But I didn't have all the time in the world to do that... no especially not with Calamity Ganon here in front of me. Attempting to pull myself up, breathing heavily hoping to suffice my burning lungs, I noticed my sword was only a few inches away from me. I began to crawl towards it slowly, Ganon currently had his back turned away from me so I tied to quickly grab it and just as it was almost in my grasp... I was blasted by a bright, red light, and flew across the room, further away from my sword...
"Ahhhh!" I shrieked from pain exploding throughout my body. That hit really makes me feel as though I'm done for... I can't seem to catch my breath anymore... and there is no way I can get up with how much pain I'm feeling. Tears are streaming down my face... Link where are you! I have been waiting for one hundred years now and I don't know how much longer I can keep Ganon at bay. My powers are nearly nothing now... I fear that t-this is the end then, huh.
As I lay there in pain I remembered a memory from one hundred years ago...

"Link stop!" I shouted at the top of my lungs! "You're going to get yourself killed!" Though he ignored my pleas, just focusing on the task at hand which was protecting me... he kept fighting, never stoping. Not until he knew that I would be safe... and I couldn't help in the slightest, because I still couldn't use my cursed power! So I had to watch him as he slowly fought his life away for mine...
He kept slashing and taking down guardians but more always came... and soon it became to overbearing for him. Just when all seemed lost, Link still fought now matter what... to the end. Guardians surround us all over and he held me close behind him and stood protected me... it was coming from the side a guardian was swinging one of its arms towards Link! I gasped...
"No!" I quickly ran out from behind Link and stood in from of him sticking out my hand hoping that I would be able to take to the blow for him so he wouldn't have to get hurt anymore...

I immediately expected to feel pain, but nothing came... I opened my eyes not even realizing that I had closed them and saw that all the guardians that had once surrounded us were now deactivated. I looked at my hand it was glowing a beautiful, bright, golden light... "T-The power..." I said in awe. Looking over at Link, he had a huge grin on his bruised face. I smiled back at him. After our little moment we got up and started to run hoping to escape the rest of the guardians, but sadly they caught up to us and we were fighting back to back. Link was slashing and slaying with the master sword, whereas I was blasting and blinding with my goddess powers. But it still wasn't enough. It wasn't enough to stop what happened on that day...

Once it seemed that we had destroyed most of the guardians and we thought we had a moment to rest. Link and I were trying to catch our breaths... when out of now where I was shoved by Link, onto the ground. When I looked towards him I saw him fall a deep crimson gash on his side. Time seemed to slow down in that precise moment, because as I watched him fall I felt myself falling too... but with fear and hatred.
"Ahhhhhhh!" I cried out in frustration. My blinding light shot out everywhere to make sure that no more of these... horrible guardians would hurt Link anymore. I quickly rushed over to him on the ground to see how bad the damage was. I gasped at the sight of his wound.

My knees fell to the ground... he was losing a lot of blood his breathing very shallow. I gently touched his face... tears gathering in my eyes.
"Oh Link I'm s-so sorry i-it's all my fault!" I sobbed softly. He touched my hand that was on his cheek and held onto it tightly.
"No it's not Z-Zelda..." Link spoke quietly. After he said that he then proceeded to try and get up to fight again... he got up about half way then fell to his knees and was going to tumble back onto his back but I caught him.
"Link what were you thinking! You don't have to fight anymore, I'll protect us both!" I cried. His body rested against mine.
"Ah ugh!" Link winced in pain. That made break down even more.
"I-m the one who is s-supposed to protect you... not the o-other way around." His face grimaced from the pain.
"Well apparently not this time..." I spoke quietly as tears fell down my face and stained his shirt. Link's breathing became more lighter, and he started to close his eyes. I put one of my hands on his cheeks.
"No, no Link, stay with me... look at me!" I shouted frantically.

He coughed a little, and opened his eyes I took a deep breath of relief.
"Z-Zelda..." He whispered, "It was my... honor to protect you... till... the end... I-I...." Then he went completely limp in my arms. I started at him waiting to see his chest rise and fall again, but it never came again after a few seconds. I grabbed his shoulder...
"Link! Link! Link!!! No... oh no Link you can't leave me like this... no Link comeback please!" I cried out to the darking sky as a few rain drops fell.
I buried my face close to his chest, stupidly hoping that I would hear his heart beat once again, but to no avail did it.
"Link...please come back... please... you were all I had left..." I sobbed into his chest. Then that's when I heard it speak to me.

I lifted my head up quickly scanning our surroundings, attempting to be ready for any surprise, even though clearly I was not in the best state. Who spoke, I wondered. Then out of no where a pale, light blue, light shone from the Master sword.
"So it was you who called out?" I asked wearily. I stayed silent for it... told me something very important.
"You... you really mean that he can be saved..." I spoke in disbelief. After that the sword went silent again, oh no well how am I going to get him there and hold back Gannon? As I was lost in my thoughts I heard real voices call out to me this time. And they were running towed me, shouting.
"Princess! Princess! Are you alright your majesty?" Two shekia men asked me as they approached. Finally I had my plan. I told them to take Link to the shrine of restructurion, as quickly as they could and I would see to my business, with Gannon!

If there was anything that I learned from that day it was that... never give up, even into death, always fight until the end!

Immediately my eyes shot open a new sense of determination filled my mind, body, and soul.
"Link... never gave up and neither will I!" I whispered quietly to myself. Gannon was not by,  so I took the opportunity I scrambled up from where I was laying. Scanned the area and found my sword rushed to it was quickly as I could... picked it up and whirled around to see... Gannon staring at me from across the room. He charged  at me with all his might.
"You shall not win Gannon! For not while I'm still standing! I will fight you until my death!" I spoke loud with certainty. "All my friends... my father... and to everyone else you have brought terrible misery, there deaths will not be in vain! Mark my words Calamity Gannon YOU WILL BE DEFEATED!" I screamed at him. Just as he was about to blast me with another light I put up my hand and my bright golden light abolished his dark red beam. Then I entrapped him in a golden sphere hoping that I could hold this for a while at least....
"Don't give up Princess... for Link is almost there!" Mipha pronounced softly.
"She's right, keep holding strong!" Urbosa said encouragingly.
"You are not alone we are right here with you princess, and so is the little guy!" Daruk said gruffly.
"It may have been delayed, though this plan is still going to work!" Revail spoke with a flair.
W-what the champions they all spoke to me... but I thought that they all...
"Yes we may have perished, but our spirits still live on as long as that foul beast is still living." Said Urbosa.
"We won't rest till, he's gone for good!" Spoke Daruk.
"Princess please don't lose hope... for we have always been here for you and always will!" Mipha spoke encouragingly.
"That's right!" Revail  said confidently.
Tears were falling down my face, I've been so stupid all this time... of course they were always there for me no  matter what. Just like Link... since we was almost here all I had to do was buy him enough time... which now I could because I am not alone!