Chapter one

I woke up with swollen eyes again. Thia was my third night of constant turning and thinking. My mind was a mess. I hear a soft knock at the door and see mom poke her head in the room.

"Good morning sweety, how did you sleep?" She asked me now fully in my room. I just stare at her and shrug. "Fine I guess." I mumbled but just enough for her to hear. She nods in understanding. She makes her way over to my bed and starts playing in my hair.

"I know it hurts. But trust me darling, it will get better." She says to me. I glance up at her big brown eyes and I give her a small smile. "Thank you." I say. She wraps her arms around me and kisses my head. "I'll see you downstairs." She adds and leaves the room.

I finally make my way downstairs and walk past my dad snoring on the couch and find mom in the kitchen making breakfast.

I sit down but didn't feel hungry. My mind just raced. Mom gives me a small bowl of cereal. "I know you don't eat much in the morning." She says. I give her a small smile, and eat a couple bits.

"You need a ride?" Dad asked me after a big yawn. I nod, "please."

He grabs his keys and heada out. I miss mom on the cheek and follow dad to thw car. When he drops me off, I hesitate to open the door.

"I can't go in there." I admit. Dad puts his hand on my shoulder and smiles. "You can do this." He says. I nod and breath in deeply. "I love you." I say and close the car door.

1.