Derpy and Winter

It was a cold and cloudy winter day as all the ponies gathered around town square to get their uniforms and their assignments for Winter wrap up. As the team captions were talking with Twilight Sparkle and the Mayor the teams waited talking amongst themselves. Rainbow dash flew up to the Pegasus ponies waiting in the clouds. She told her crew to head north to gather all the birds who flew north and bring them back. She let all the other ponies leave but Derpy. She held her back to explain which way she needed to go. The last three Winter wrap up she went East, West, and South. Rainbow Dash had pointed up symboling north. Derpy looked up and saw Cloudsdale and the she looked back at Rainbow Dash and thought “ Wait I’m suppose to fly into Cloudsdale?” and before she could get a single word out Rainbow Dash flew off “If it’s what Rainbow Dash wanted.” Well instead of going north she went straight up into Cloudsdale and crashed landed into the snowflake department. She landed on another pony in a lab coat who was putting way snowflakes for next year. He was a Pegasus pony with a white coat and a light blue mane and tail to match. His eyes were a sparkly sapphire blue.

He stood up and looked over at Derpy as his hate and anger quickly vanished and was replaced with a filling of joy and love as he stared at her. “Are you okay miss?” his voice was a soft mellow town for someone like him.

“Yep I’m okay” Derpy replied while pulling her head out of a bucket. She sat down looking at him her eyes were a sunflower yellow. His eyes couldn’t leave hers as she got up and walked over to him “I hope I didn’t hurt you I didn’t mean to” she looked at her feet feeling like a huge disappointment and was waiting for him to yell at her.

                “I’m fine miss may I have your name?” he wonder as she looked up to see a smile on his face.

                “Derpy my name is Derpy yours?” she was hesitant at giving her name to him. Her mane was a light sunflower yellow lighter than her eyes as her coat a light blue that almost match the clear sunny skies.

                “Well my name is Winter Berry” she smiled and looked at her and blushed as he rubbed the back of his head “Would you like to go on a date or get some muffins and drinks?” he looked away.

Her head sprang up quickly and her eyes were glowing as he mentioned muffins “Sure I would love to get muffins” she smiled back “at Sugarcube corner?” she added before Rainbow Dash flew up behind her tugging on her tail.

                “DERPY! I told you to fly north not straight up” Rainbow Dash yelled and Winter stepped in and looked back at the sadden Derpy “sure Sugarcube corner it is” he spoke softly raising her hopes as he walks off and before Rainbow Dash pushed her off the clouds. Winter just realized that she never gave him a time to meet her; he would just half to fly by the store every day and wait for her. He waited ten days for her until one lovely spring afternoon, the sun was up and shining brightly as the birds were chirping and there was a warm breeze.  She walked up to the store as she noticed him sitting alone at a table in the far corner of the left.

                “Did I make you wait long?” she asked sitting across from him. He looked up and smiled as he shook his head “No you did not” he smiles as Pinkie Pie brings a blueberry muffin and a banana nut muffin and Derpys eyes lit up as muffins were brought to the table.

                “I hope you don’t mind but I ordered you a muffin” he smiles as she nods at him not paying attention to what he was truly saying. She didn’t want to, listen every pony made fun of her because she was different, and she didn’t want to hear it from him or anyone else while she was enjoying her muffin.

                “Are you okay miss?” he said to her trying to break the silence in the store. She darted up and nod with her mouth full of muffins.