A twist in my story

Here we go again. Another year, another pile of horseshit that’s gonna be shoved to my face. Name’s Venice by the way. Yeah like V-E-N-I-C-E. Like Venice Italy or Venice California. I don’t even know why I was named Venice. I’m not as majestic as the canals of Venice Italy or as talented as the amusers at Venice beach California. I’m just me, I’m nothing. I study in a private school at a certain city but I live in the country side where you can see fields as far as your eyes can see so it usually take 15 minutes to get to school. It’s my first day in freshmen year and I’m not as excited as most of these students are. I can see them jumping, smiling and feeling all excited and it’s actually disgusting me because I couldn’t care less about school. I already know what’s gonna happen this year because every single year that I’ve been to school was always the same. The first month will be that getting-to-know-each-other month and the second month is where the bullying starts. Draining me emotionally, physically and mentally but there’s nothing more to drain. I’m all washed out so maybe this time I’m gonna be immune to all of this. Typical nerd story right? But trust me, I’m not a nerd. Yes, I might get bullied a lot but still not a nerd. I remember when I was in third grade I was bullied because that was the year when I started wearing glasses because I read too much. I love to read novels that are usually scattered around my house. My uncle is an attorney to its normal to see stacks of books everywhere. We even have a room filled with books, no I don’t want to call it a library because in the first place it doesn’t have any bookshelves. Okay so look at your room, bed, TV, table, chair, a typical room but filled with books that’s what we have, really not a library right? So you see my house is already messed up but you haven’t seen my life yet. I was also bullied when I was in sixth grade because I was so dumb. Yeah, I can understand novels but I cannot understand my lessons. I believe I have a brain as small as a pea and in that pea size brain is dominated by novel-reading cells capable of understanding stories specifically novels. And as if the Pythagorean Theorem will save my life when someone is trying to strangle me on a dark alley. But books! They give me the chance to be in that situation without harming me. That scares the heck out of me, lesson learned don’t walk on dark alleys or don’t go out at all, read more! It’s the first day of school and as I walk through a hallway of probably dumb beauty queens, nerds (the actual ones), bullies, and UHB’s the Unidentified Human Beings. Maybe that’s where I belong but then I remembered, I’m nothing. I finally reached my classroom. You see the school I enter is not like other schools. You only have one classroom for the rest of the year. That’s kinda convenient actually because I have asthma (still) and I get tired walking around. I picked the seat at the back so no one would even bother talk to me or get to know me. I’m allergic to other people. The buzzing and murmuring around the room is giving me a headache like a bee buzzing near your ear but you can’t do anything to shoo it away so instead I crossed my arms laid them on my armchair and buried my head in them. Right when I was about to doze off dreamland someone was tapping on my shoulder. I literary jumped out of my seat.

“WHAT THE?!!” I exclaimed

“I’m sorry I did not mean to scare you”

It’s a boy! I said to my head, ew is he talking to me? “who are you and what do you want. And to be clear I’m not scared”

“Yes you were, you were screaming at the top of your lungs”

“I have shitty lungs”

“what?”

“What do you want?” I was starting to get annoyed, why is he still talking to me?

“I was just about to ask if this seat is taken but then you started screaming”

“Yes it’s taken now shoo”

“but there’s no bag, I don’t think it’s taken”

“yes it is” Immediately putting my bag in the chair “my bag needs a chair of its own”

He looks confuse but he doesn’t look angry but why? Then he just walked away just like that.

I was about to continued my disturbed sleep but then the bell rang and a petite teacher with red cheeks and a bob cut hairstyle appears we all got up and greeted her good morning, she told us to seat down and introduced herself Ms. Piano, yes the musical instruments and she’s really a pianist and she’s our music teacher! What are the odds. Right in the middle of explaining to us the class rules the door flung open and there he was standing by the door, the boy who talked wait no, annoyed her earlier. I grinned because I know he’s in big trouble, this teacher hates late students! I usually see her send some students to detention when I pass the high school building when I was still at middle school.

“late at the first day?” She sounds deadly

“sorry ma’am but I wasn’t late, I was just looking for an extra chair to bring up here because as I can see all the seats are taken” looking at me or my bag, not sure.

“you can take the seat at the back It looks empty to me, I’m not gonna send you to detention because it’s the first day” she said giving him a half smile

“thank you ma’am”

As he walks slowly toward the seat beside me I couldn’t take my eyes off his eyes. They were big and full of happiness and life. Nothing compared to by swollen always sleepy eyes with fifty shades of dark circles underneath.

“I can see you bag can seat perfectly at you back” he said smiling, probably the biggest smile I’ve seen. I just rolled my eyes and looked away from him.

“I’m Rome by the way”

“Are you kidding me?!”