Bookworms

“Will you stop following me?” I said crossing my eyebrows while glaring at him. It was the total death stare

“no, can’t you see I’m trying to make friends” He smiled, his smile.

“I’m allergic to people so stay away!” I walked as fast as I can to get away from him. I finally found a table at the corner where no one dared to sit. Just as I was about to shove mashed potatoes to my mouth someone was tapping my shoulder.

“Will you please leave me alone!”

“no.”

“why?”

“I want to be friends”

“I don’t”

“why?”

“none of your business”

“I’m not leaving, and besides this is the only table with an empty seat, unless your backpack needs a chair again”

I just tried my best to ignore him and ate my mashed potatoes as fast as I can. Ugh. Cafeteria food, DISGUSTING. I tried looking at him once but he looks so busy reading. I tried to look at the cover without him noticing but I kinda failed, he tilted the book to let me see what he’s reading. It read Clockwork Angel.

“OMG, you’re reading clockwork angel? I love that book!” I couldn’t stop myself I’m a total fangirl when it comes to the world of the shadowhunters. If only I have the chance to drink from the mortal cup and become a Nephilim I’ve done it a long long time ago.

“I’ve just bought it”

“So how is it so far?”

“I thought you were allergic to people?”

“I thought you were trying to make friends?”

He turned around so we were face to face, I tried my best not to make eye contact but I cannot. “So far, it’s kinda okay.”

“OKAY?! It’s great!”

“I told you I just bought it so I don’t know yet” he half smiled

“do you ever stop smiling?”

“do you ever stop shutting people up then talk to them afterwards because I’m so confused right now”

“I don’t know, you’re the first person I’ve seen in this school whose reading an actual novel”

“I’ve notice”

“yeah most of them are busy doing their makeup, bullying kids, studying for an exam, you know. I’ve never seen a bookworm just like me before.”

“really?”

“yeah.”

“We should go back to class”

“great idea.”