Trafficked to You

Hi! Sorry kung English! It just came out of my mind kasi eh. RUSH lang. :)

Kung nagustuhan mo, VOTE and COMMENT kahit one-shot lang siya :)

By the way, enjoy! :)

************************************************************

 Trafficked to You <one-shot>

by tweenstanax

 It was now time for us to return to the city from our month-long vacation in the province. One day before school, we expected traffic because our car was part of the thousands, or even the millions of cars that return to the city.

While reading Victor Hugo’s Les Miserable, I heard my dad whimpered. “Our trip back to Manila will last for four hours. What a fuss.”

In the middle of the waiting, someone knocked at our car. There was an old man and a woman. And there was this young man whom I recognized as part of our university’s basketball varsity team. If I’m not mistaken, he is my first love and like any other hopeless romantic, I already accept wholeheartedly that he’ll never notice me.

“Hi there. My son here knows your daughter. Venice, am I right?” Bingo! How did he knew my name?

I just set out a smile and the old man started speaking. “Look, our car just broke out. Can you please help us out in our car?”

“Yes.” My dad said. “I can help you, but how can I drive this car? I have to bring it back to Ortigas before sundown.”

The handsome boy, or should I call him Kobe, said, “Well, I can drive sir. I have my license with me.”

“Really? Sure handsome! And please, bring back my daughter safe and sound! You know, her mom might kill me if I done any harm. Can it be?” My dad asked.

“Sure sir.” After that, Dad handed the car keys to Kobe.

****

While in the car, silence spread all over the place. Or should I say AWKWARD SILENCE. I had this feeling that I should strike a conversation with him, but I just don’t know how.

Finally, I knew the right question to ask. “Uhm, how are you related to this years’ MVP? You have a familiar face with him kasi eh.” Like I don’t memorize his face!

“Well, I am the MVP. How come you know? Are you a fan of our team?”

“Haha, no!” Big lie Venice. “It’s just that I accompanied my bestfriend during the final match. Another thing, I am also an Accountancy student! I just saw your face, and I can’t remember who. Well, Venice here. By the way, how come you know my name?”

He just snorted. “When you are handsome, you’ll know everything. Hi. I’m Kobe.”

Even with his annoying boastfulness, we talked about anything under the sun. From the coolest videogames on earth down to the gossips about their basketball team, name it, we talked about it.

Another traffic ensued when we were near our place. This time, it was him who started talking.

“Hey Venice, what will you do if you’re with someone you love on a traffic?”

I just smiled. “Simple. I’ll just savor every moment with him. Traffics are usually long, so try to spend the most of it with him.” Like what I’m doing to you know Kobe. Hope you see.

He stopped the car. “We’re here, right? Thanks for letting me savor this moment with you Venice.”

Honestly, I was not able to hear the last sentence he said. I only heard words like ‘thanks’ and ‘savor’.

Another thing, I was shocked because he said nothing but a simple ‘Goodbye. See you tomorrow.’

The following day, before going to school, I helped Dad to clean the car. Exactly, I saw a paper in the driver’s seat. Out of my curiosity, I read it. Ah, a letter!

-----------------------------------

Dear Venice,

Hello there! Thanks for the traffic you shared with me yesterday. You’re right, traffics are best shared with someone you love. And you are the one I love Venice. Can we see each other at the basketball court? I badly want to see you. I am indeed trafficked to you.

-Kobe

-----------------------------------

I smiled. Even though my story is a cliché, I realized that not all traffics are burden. Sometimes it is memorable and happy when you are with the one you love.

But wait, I have to clean the other parts of the car before I get late to school. Otherwise, he might not see me.

FIN