What is depression?

What is Depression?

It's waking up everyday wish you did'nt.

It's the feeling of worthlessness and being useless.

It's what makes you feel you can't do anything right.

It's the voice that's telling you , you will always be a failure.

It's feeling lonely even in the middle of a crowd.

It's feeling sad even when nothing went wrong.

It makes you feel like you're in a deep black hole.

It makes you fake a smile and force a laugh.

It makes you live in your own shell with blocking everyone out.

It makes you have insomnia.

It makes you live in the past.

It kills your appetite.

It kills your friendship.

It kills your happiness.

It kills your smile.

It kills you.

Depression. It's a word people use all so easily, when they fail an exam, when they had a fight with their parents or partener, when they feel sad. The say "I'm depressed" but that's not depression.

Depression is not when your pet died, or you broke up, failed an exam, or feel sad, that is a natural human emotion which is normal being sad when something like that happens. Depression is something much worse than that, Depression is not being sad when something goes wrong but it's feeling sad when nothing's going wrong.

When you tell someone you are sick, whether you are down with a fever or broke any bone in your body, people come to you with concern and start sympathizing and showing concern to you. But tell someone you have depression and they start thinking what an attention seeker you are and just turn away from you.

Tell someone you have depression and they'll tell you to 'move on' or 'be happy' but what they don't understand at all is that it's not that simple. If it was that simple, I would have done it long ago. It's like telling someone who just stabbed themself with a knife to 'stop bleeding' and then it would all just magically disappear. But that's not how it works.

It's a disease, not a choice.