Clients meet again

Grace arrived earlier than usual so she could set up in the conference room. When she finished setting up, Daphne walked in the conference room.

"Good morning!" Daphne said.

"Good morning Daphne." Grace said with a smile, she packed up the unused material and was getting ready to head out of the conference room when Daphne closed the door and leaned against the door.

"So, are you going to tell me why you haven't responded to my texts or calls?" She asked

"I have been busy getting this campaign together Daphne. You know that. I'm sorry."

"What happened to you Wednesday night. Me and Stan looked all over that club for you." Daphne said

"I met with the club owner. He was really nice. Talked to him a bit. My phone died and when I got home, I fell out." She lied

Daphne looked at her with her arms folded at her breasts. Daphne knew she was lying. "Well Grace, I can't make you tell me the truth." She said

"Daphne there is nothing to tell. I just told you what happened and I told you that I was sorry." Grace said

Daphne threw her hands up in defeat and walked out of the conference room. Grace blew out a breath and headed back to her office. She didn't want to lie but she didn't want to talk about it with anyone. She wanted to forget.

Grace checked her clock and saw it was show time. She went back into the conference room and saw that George and King were already seated and were engrossed in deep conversation. When they saw that she had come in they immediately stood up and all of them shook hands. When she shook Kings hand, he held her hand a little longer. She retrieved her hand back and sat across from him. He would stare at her continuously while making small talk with George. Soon after she came in, Royale and Daphne had arrived and it was time to start her presentation.

Grace got up and delivered as best as she could

Grace got up and delivered as best as she could. She always prided herself in making the sell. Making people imagine themselves at their events and making them fall in love with the idea before they even saw it. When Grace finished, they clapped for her. Royale was smiling brightly.

"I love your ideas Grace. I can definitely picture every room that you mentioned." Royale said.

"Thank you." Grace said and looked at King to hear his thoughts.

"I too like your ideas. I just believe that something else needs to be added." King said.

"Like what?" Royale asked him.