P0.4 - Respect the Dead

Three Peaks Castle

Prologue Part 4

Respect the Dead

xXx

As if a bomb has detonate in the room. After hearing what Dr. Quinn has said, shouts were thrown everywhere. Mainly towards the crazy doctor who brought them here.

"What do you mean kill!?"

"you're kidding me, right?"

"That's ridiculous!"

Dr. Quinn stand there and wait patiently for the shouts to die down. That's where River shout at him, "I will never kill! None of us here will be killing each other!"

Dr. Quinn laugh as if he just hear a joke, "one of you will eventually, how else would you think these corpses came from?"

River glares at him, "this is absurd, I'm leaving this place." she then turns and walk toward the door.

"There is no way out of this place." Dr. Quinn grins at her, "you can try, but no one has ever succeeded in doing so."

River's hand was on the doorknob. Upon hearing Dr. Quinn's words, there was a moment of pause from her, "There has to be a way." she says this as she left the hall. Quickly, Shaun left as well, following behind River.

"She's rights, " Casey says, "I'ms goings to search for the exits as wells! Let's go Poppy!" he holds Poppy's hand, who was closely beside him this whole time, and pulls her along with him.

Some people left the hall soon after that, probably searching for the exit or maybe minding their own business. But for now, no one has taken the doctor's word seriously. Soon they will all realise escape is not an option here, and that escape is a extravagant thing in this place.

"I'm going to take a look around this place for more clues." Peirce tells Tracy and Ayako, "River is right. Where there's a way in, there has to be a way out. Are you guys following?"

Ayako cast a glance at the direction where Ijihira and Himie are trying to comfort Jeff who is still crying, he must have taken down the corpse because it is not hanging anymore. "I think I'll stay here."

"What about you Ace?" Tracy turns to find Ace staring into space at where Dr. Quinn was standing before, "huh, where did he go?" Tracy waves in front of Ace, "hello? Earth to Ace?"

Ace was snap back to reality, she look at Tracy in dazed and nudges her towards Jeff. Tracy understands immediately, "I'm staying here for a bit."

Peirce nods, "okay, come look for me when you guys are done."

Tracy and Ayako went towards Jeff, Himie and Ijihira's side to find Ace was already there, crouching beside the corpse staring at it.

"Eh? I never know these corpses are preserved!" Ayako did not look closely at any of the corpse earlier, she was surprise to find this out. Tracy crouch beside Ace and take a look at the corpse.

Unlike those preserved corpse who has lost their physical appearance, she was well preserved. It seems like Dr. Quinn (Tracy assume it was he who did it) embalm her body almost immediately after her death, you can tell that she was stab by what looks like large knives more than once. Tracy have only one word to describe her face expression, horrifying. Yep, her last moments were definitely.... Not so great.

Ace suddenly pulls Tracy's hand and touch the corpse. "Gah! Ace what are you doing?" Tracy quickly pulls her hand back. Who would just pull someone's hand to touch a dead corpse?