You Said Okay

(Y/N) POV

After your encounter with Charles and Hank, you decided to take a look around the grounds to calm down. It was a beautiful frosty morning, the sun had just started to rise, illuminating the wonderful garden greens surrounding your potentially new home.

You shut the entrance of the mansion behind you and strolled down a stoney path. The flowers were beautiful, some radiant red roses blooming through the harshness of winter. You let out a deep breath, the icy morning air filling your lungs and calming your mind. 

Strolling around for about 15 minutes, the sun was nearly up, along with some of the other students that Charles had mentioned. With a sigh, you decided to head back in.

"Ah, (Y/N), are you okay? I didn't mean to upset you earlier," Charles started when he saw you. He walked to you with his hands in his pockets, a sad look on his face. You smiled lightly at him,

"It's okay, honestly," You say to him, brushing some of your (h/c) hair out of your face. 

"What you said earlier, about me not being able to help everyone," Charles started, "Although that may be true, that doesn't mean I won't try." He smiled

You thought about what he said. You sighed and smiled, looking down at your feet.

"I'd like you to try," You looked up at him with your bright (e/c) eyes, finally seeing a glimmer of hope. Charles beamed at your words, flashing a genuine smile that made your heart flutter. 

"Yeah? That's great, (Y/N). Anything you need, I'm right here, okay?" Charles stated. 

You smiled brightly at each other.

"Okay."