Chapter 10: Au Revoir

Henry and Mouse swam, ate, slept, made love, frolicked, and generally had a lovely honeymoon on the underside of the world in Bora Bora. The water was blue, the air lush with the fragrance of flowers, and they fell asleep to the mysterious rustlings and sounds of the jungle that surrounded them. It was truly paradise, in every way.

"You know, I could get used to this," Mouse said, stretching luxuriously in the huge bed. She was completely naked, and loved the feel of the cool sheets against her skin.

Henry sat up on one elbow to admire her. "Me too," he agreed, taking her in from head to toe. "You look outstanding, I must say," he continued, rolling over on top of her.

Mouse laughed. "I can't believe I'm comfortable letting anyone see me absolutely starkers like this," she went on, shaking her head.

"Hopefully not anyone, right?" Henry questioned. "Please, say it ain't so, honey."

Mouse shrugged, the gesture that drove Henry crazy, for some reason.

"You know, I was wondering something," he began, rolling over while holding her, so she was lying against his chest.

"Yeah?"

"Was I the first man you ever saw naked?" He looked at her curiously as he asked.

"No," she responded, shaking her head.

"Really? Who?" He gave her a little shake when she didn't answer.

"My brothers," she responded, shrugging again. "And maybe some guys on the swim team? Our house was really crowded, and we kind of lived on top of each other. I mean, we had to. My parents had their own bathroom, but the rest of us had to share two and a half baths, with the half being all the way down in the basement, you know?" She laughed, remembering something. "It got really crazy, and I think we all flashed each other at one time or another. Throw in the fact that we were all on the swim team, and I'm sure I saw a bunch of different guys' junk at one point or another."

"Oh." Henry considered for a minute, while Mouse traced her finger on his chest and rubbed her foot on his calf, creating a nice distraction. "Okay, but am I the first man you ever saw naked in a sexual context?"

"A sexual context?" Mouse repeated. She walked her fingers up to his jaw, turning his head so she could grin at him. "Did you really just say that?"

"What? What's so funny about that?" he defended himself. "That's a totally legitimate question."

"I don't know, it just sounds funny," she answered, shrugging, making Henry smile. "But to answer your question, Travis and I fooled around a little a few times, but I don't think we ever got as far as taking his pants off, so, um, yes, you are probably the first man I ever saw naked, Henry Gardener, okay?" She looked into his eyes.

"Okay," he answered.

"That make you happy?" she asked.

"You know, for some reason, it does," he answered, pulling her close and giving her a squeeze. "Does that make me a sexist pig? Or at the very least a hypocrite who's living a double standard?"

Mouse shrugged yet again, shredding Henry's defenses without realizing she was doing anything. "Maybe? I don't know," she mused. "It's kind of cute, actually. I don't mind."

She sat up and kissed him, lifting one leg over his body and letting her hair tickle his chest.

"Do you wish the reverse were true?" he asked. "Do you care that I've seen other women naked, or that I've been with other women?"

Mouse sat up, considering, and Henry took the opportunity to admire her again, loving her straight back and upright posture, the tilt of her head, the rich swell of her hips, and the warm color of her skin. Her breasts, which had always been beautiful, had become works of art as she'd taken to topless sunbathing for a couple of hours a day on their private patio.