Chapter 15: ghost.

//
Ghost.
I see you standing there.
Don't turn away,
I want you to stay.
//

The sun is harsh and glares down at the two teens and beyblades battling in the stadium.

Lui stands there with a victorious smirk as Spryzen goes flying through the air, zooming towards Shu and knocking against his mask. The force of it cracks the mask and it falls limply to his feet in halves. Shu stares in shock at Lui. 'H-he won...again..'

Lui starts to cackle, his laughter echoing throughout the mountains and through the ears of the other bladers watching the battle. Shu's hands clench into fists and his teeth grind together angrily. He raises his head to the sky and screams indignantly. "AAAAHHHHHHHH!"

He lowers his head and long silvery-white bangs cover crimson eyes, casting shadows as Shu whips around and starts walking away, not before picking up the useless Spryzen.

//
Ghost.
What's your name?
Why so surprised?
I'm interested.
//

Shu ignores everybody's faces, the look of shock at his identity. He tries to ignore Valt as he runs alongside him. "Shu!" The albino walks right past him. "Shu!!" Valt walks faster and stands in front of Shu. It reminds the taller teen of the time he found Valt training with the tire strapped to his back, boasting about meeting the albino in the Championships as Shu rode his bike. It seemed like so long ago...

The smaller boy grasps Shu's shoulders, stopping him in place. "Shu." He grins widely, happily, but with a tinge of concern. "I finally found you again. I wanted to talk to you about what happened las - "

Smack.

Shu pushes Valt away from him, making the bluenette stumble backwards and let go of Shu. His crimson eyes narrow in wilted anger that he feels starts to melt him. "Leave me ALONE! I don't want to talk to you, and I don't care at all!" Shu shouts as his voice breaks.

//
You're just a soul,
That blends into the crowd.
I hear you so loud;
No one else hears a sound.
//

Valt looks heartbroken as tears well up in his hazel eyes, and Shu is too overwhelmed with frustration and guilt and anger and remorse at his own words so he walks away without another word. Valt misses the tears streaking down Shu's own face and plopping onto the green grass, how much will power it takes to not turn around.

//
You reach out your hand;
No one else feels a thing.
And I'm just a stranger
Who could be a friend.
//

//Shu's Point of View//

I finally stop walking once I arrive at a small lake. I walk into the waves and drift along the top of the water, closing my now tired eyes. A beautiful sunset meets my eyes as I look up. There are a variety of oranges, yellows and reds that paint the sky, casting the water the same, pretty color. I finally try to relax, but my thoughts drift away into sadness and frustration.

I've done it again.

I've failed again.

//
You could have been so great,
I won't let you slip away.
//