Just Like Old Times - a Cody Simpson fan fiction.

I laid in bed and rolled around, trying to get comfortable. It was the first official day of summer, and my best friend Cody and his sister Alli were visiting Australia for the summer. Familiar names? Yes. That's right. I, Alyx Jones, am best friends with THE Cody Simpson. It's been about 9 months since I last saw him and Alli. It was a really quick trip since he was on tour though. But this time he's going to be here for a whole two months! And let me tell you, I'm pretty damn stoked about it.

In fact, I didn't get any sleep last night. Why, you ask? I like him. A lot. This summer will determine if I'm in love with him or not. I've known him since birth, and we've always been best friends, but he's never shown any interest in me that way. I mean, we flirt, a lot. But I don't think he likes me that way. I heard my mom down stairs yelling at me to wake up. "OKAY MOM" I said with a slight attitude. I'm definitely not a morning person. I unplugged my phone that was charging, and went downstairs.

I plopped myself on one of the bar stools and went on twitter. My mom was fiddling in the kitchen making breakfast, when she asked me what time Cody's flight got in. I went through my messages from Cody really quick. "3PM" I told her. She's one of the few that know about my- more-than-just-a-friend affections for Cody, so she let me take her card yesterday, and buy myself a new outfit to where when we pick him up from the airport. "picking up my mate @codysimpson from the airport today! This will be a good summer ❤" Is what I managed to post on twitter before eating breakfast, and going back upstairs to do my morning routine. Brushing my teeth and hair, washing my face, doing my makeup, etc.

I opened my closet door and walked inside, over looking the majority of my wardrobe. I ended up grabbing my new distressed light wash jeans (http://hipsterbarbies.tumblr.com/post/14272395488) with a pink, collared, high-low top. (http://australianbarbies.tumblr.com/post/23332715062) My long sandy brown hair was styled down and parted to the side, as usual. I happily fast walked down stairs, and it was already 2PM. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the airport, so I made sure I had my phone, and we were off. This whole morning, my heart has been racing. I'm so nervous/anxious/excited to see him. My mom could tell I was nervous from me bobbing my knee up and down constantly. She reached over and put her hand on my knee "Alyx. Just relax, ok?" she looked over and gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded my head and sighed, easing up a little.

Before I knew it we were already inside the airport waiting. She was sitting down on a bench while I was pacing back and forth a bit. She looked up at me "Remember what I told you." I looked at her and nodded, going over and sitting down. I looked at my phone and it was 3:10. That means they probably just got their luggage. And that they're walking over here. I stood up and looked at her worried "Is my hair ok?" she was just about to answer, when I heard a familiar voices yell "ALYX!"

I looked behind me and I saw Cody and Alli dropping their luggage. My face lit up and I ran over to them, jumping up unto Cody's arms and giving him the biggest hug I've ever given. Everything went silent, and it felt like Cody and I were the only ones on the whole planet. I tangled my fingers in the ends of his hair a bit. He whispered in my ear "I've missed you so much." I squeezed my eyes shut "I've missed you too. Way more than you think" I slowly detached from his arms, and Alli said "What am I? Bologne?" I smiled and gave her a huge hug as well. "I've missed you guys so much!" they smiled and said "We've missed you too!" in unison.

By that time, my mom had made it over to us, and gave them both of them hugs. We were walking through the airport, me staying close to Cody's side. He purposely bumped into my side, looking down and smiling at me. I smiled at him and bumped into him as well. We chuckled lightly, put the luggage into the car, and hopped in. Alli and my mom in the front, me and Cody in the back. The car ride was filled with light conversation between my mom and Alli, and me and Cody. Cody, being extra quiet, leaned over a little closer and said "Since no ones occupying my house this summer, you, me, and Alli are going to have the sickest parties." I smiled and nodded "Deal." Me and Cody were always the ones to get in trouble, but we never really cared. We did whatever we could to have fun, no matter what the consequence.

He grinned and said "You look great by the way." I looked up at him with a grin "I couldn't say the same thing about yourself." we both laughed "In all seriousness, you look great as well." I smiled poked him in the stomach. "Whoa, trying to feel my abs?" he said. I laughed "Abs? Oh please! The only thing right there, is 300 bowls of cereal, and fifty pounds of ketchup!" we both laughed again, this time my mom and Alli joining in. We were already home, so we all got out of the car, me and Cody going back to the trunk "Hey, I've been working out a lot more lately." I looked at him "So you're saying you have a six pack?" he nodded and smirked "Maybe I could show you sometime." He leaned against the car, trying to be sexy. Not going to lie, it was working. I laughed and pushed him so he lost balance.

We both grabbed all the luggage and took it upstairs. I opened the door to his room and threw his stuff onto the bed "Well, home sweet home." he looked around "It literally looks the exact same from when I was five." he walked over to the dresser, where some memorabilia was displayed, along with knickknack's. I chuckled and walked over as well "Yeah well, my family doesn't really like change." He nodded and picked up a picture of us on the beach when we were about eight. We had our arms around each other's shoulders. He looked at me seriously, and I looked at him "Neither do I." is what he said, referring to the picture. We kind of stared at each other, absentmindedly getting lost in each others eyes. I swear that kids eyes are the most mesmerizing things you'll ever see. We almost started leaning into each other when I heard Alli shout "Hey Alyx! Do you know where a towel is? I think I'm going to take a shower!" We both kind of looked down awkwardly. "Be right back." I said quietly.

I walked down the hall and found her a towel, me and Cody went down stairs and visited with my mom. We were just reminiscing, and having a really good time. At one point, me and Cody were crying laughing at some old stories my mom told us. Alli had gotten out of the shower, and I got a text from Toby saying there was a party at his house that night. I smirked and passed my phone to Cody so he could see. He grinned and looked at me, nodding. Me and Cody were always ones to have a really good time. We enjoyed every outing we went to together, but I've never actually partied with him. I mean, when he lived here, we were way too young to be partying. This should be a good night, I said to myself.

I looked over at Cody and gave him the "I'm about to lie so play along" look. My mom had gone to the kitchen just a minute ago, to start making dinner. I walked over there and put my lying face on "Hey mom? Me, Cody, and Alli are going to Giorgia and Rubys tonight, ok? They want to watch scary movies though so we might be home late." she continued stirring the macaroni she had in the pot, and nodded "Fine with me. Will Giorgia's parents be home?" I looked at her and nodded "Yeah." she shrugged "Then I guess it's okay. Don't get nightmares though." I was already turning around to Cody, smirking. I grabbed his arm and started for the stairs "oh don't worry!". We ran up the stairs. Alli was coming out of the bathroom, squeezing her wet hair with her towel "Hey, what are you guys do-" I cut her off. "Hush child. Dry your hair we're going to a party."