Chapter 1

so excited to start writing this book, let me know what you guys think in the comments!
lots of love

The fresh air of the morning hit my petite body, covering it with goosebumps. The sky was colored with orange and purple shadows and the sun was slowly making its way, above the tall buildings which seemed so close but they were pretty far from where i was, to the top of the sky. I've watched multiple sunrises before, yet it felt different. It was either because I was emotionally down, or because I was in the other part of the world. Well, kind of. America was the only country i had ever known since my birth, and my father dragged me with him here in London.

We'd changed home approximately every two months because he apparently couldn't be in one place for a long time. I never got the change to ask him what he does to earn money, because honesty, I couldn't care less. My childhood wasn't exactly easy, it was pretty far from it. Firstly, my mom died which left me alone with dad. Secondly, the man who's supposed to be looking after me, my father, was always out and when he came back home at night, if he did, he didn't talk to me. He left me home all by myself since the age of four, and only god knows what could've happened if I was in danger. When I needed him, he wasn't there. I didn't even have friends or someone to count on, I didn't have time for that.

Every time he would show up in the morning saying "get your things up, we're moving again" leaving me wondering about the city we were moving in. But, when two days ago, he came into my room, he stood in front of me. I instantly recognized that look on his face, even though I hadn't seen it for a long, long time. The last time his expression on his face was like that was when my mom died.

"Get your things up, everything you need. We're staying a bit longer" he said, pointing the bag that never left the pavement since the month before when we arrived in Oregon . "How many months?" I asked worried. He shook his head, "We're speaking about years. Maybe only one or two. It depends"

I was born in Orlando and it was a frenetic and hot, hot day. That's what my mom always said about my birth. "It was probably one of the most hottest days of the summer and I was already going crazy" she said every time I needed to go to sleep.

Watching sunrises was kind of a tradition for me. Every morning after the move I'd come to the top of the roof and just admire them. But, as I said, it felt different this time and it wasn't just in the cold British air. For the first time in my life I was going to attend a public school and there was nothing else that creeped me out like that. If school was a monster that lived by eating fears, then I'd feed it the most.

My only friend is my dad, if I can consider him as one. Though sometimes he could be a great dad, almost sweet. He taught me how to write and read, along with my mother of course, when her heart still worked. Making friends feared me, more than it was supposed to.

But in a way it excited me too.

The light in the kitchen lit up, signaling my dad was already awake. I decided to go back to my room and finally dress up for the awaited school. I put on the school uniform which consisted of a white shirt and a blue skirt. I buttoned up the shirt while watching myself on the unexpected clean mirror. It was a new one, obviously.

The skirt reached the middle of my tights and I tried my best to bow it, unsuccessfully. The skirt stood up my curves and I don't know if it was either good or bad. I wanted people to have the best impression I could try to give, I didn't want them to think me as a girl far from it. However, I did my best covering my curves with the jeans jacket I bought back in a shop in America. God if I missed it.

"How's my girl feeling?" My dad asked bursting into my room, not even caring if I was naked. "Don't act like you care. We both know you don't" I picked up the backpack under his cautious eyes. He couldn't play that game with me, I wasn't dumb to buy it.

"I was just checking you hadn't passed out on the bed" he replied rolling his blue eyes. How cute was he, note the sarcasm. I crossed my arms, making him snort. "Here. Have a nice day and don't freak out" he handed me an apple. Even though he wasn't at home most of the time, he made sure i ate healthy and, somehow, I was grateful.

"Thank you" I said grabbing it. I was about to exit my room when he stopped me by taking my hand. "From now on your name will be Leigh, you're a simply seventeen years old girl who just moved from another country . They'll ask you where you're from: say the truth, they'll notice your accent. Make some friends, not too many, they'd think you're weird. Don't fall in love: it's too dangerous. If people ask why you moved in, say it's for my job. Nobody in the town knows what's going on, neither you do. That's for your goodness" he lowered his voice.

"Changing my name? Seriously?! Mom decided my name and I'm not going to change it. Ever. That's insane, jeez!" I shouted. He clamped his jawline, "Just do it, for god's sake!" He shouted even more. My heart stopped for seconds, I had to change name. Whether I liked it or not, Leigh was going to become my name from that moment on.

I nodded and I took his hand off my wrist. I looked back at him and cleared my throat, "see you later" I said, but my voice cracked making it sound worse than I excepted it to be. "we're having guests tonight, by the way" he took a deep breath and he watched me walking away.

The street was full of students, some walking normally, others running towards the bus. I decided to walk because, according to my dad, it was healthier for my organism. He didn't even care about air pollution. He wanted me to be skinny and always perfect, just like models. He wanted me to be someone who I was not and I couldn't accept it.

He taught me how to combat which I was pretty good at considering all the years of teaching. Instead, my mom decided to teach me languages: Spanish and Italian. She was definitely smarter than my father. Why did I need to know how to combat?

Violence is never the answer but, of course, he thought the contrary. After ten minutes of walking I finally arrived at school. It was a huge building with two grounds for what it seemed like. There were also a few benches outside and people were seated on them waiting for their friends, I assumed.

I took a deep breath. A new chapter of my life was beginning and I had to be myself, no matter what, no matter who.

Not gonna lie this is the tirth time I'm writing the story and I like how this one turned out :). By the way, I'm 13 and I'm not even english/American so yeah, I'll made mistakes... Just saying xx
There will be lots of one direction and the vamps oh and dont forget about little mix references (I have a thing for British singers yeah) , just think about the title of the book :)). Sorry I'm not already over 1d... Ops.