Hush little Chasey

Chase's P.O.V.

Tonight was the first night I slept in my capsule. Or at least tried to sleep. It was 2:30 in the morning and I still hadn't fallen asleep! Eventually I gave up and got out of the capsule to go upstairs and watch some T.V. After a few minutes I heard the elevator's 'ding' and turned to see Adam coming  in the living room. "Hey"he said as I turned off the T.V. "Hey. Why are you up ? It's almost 3 in the morning"I asked and he sat next to me. "I should be asking you the same question"and then added"What's wrong ?"

I frowned as I looked down. "It's just that all this is new to me. Not being able to see my family, having superpowers, sleeping in a capsule. How do you even sleep in those things anyway ???"I asked and he started laughing. "Look I know it's hard but we're all here for you. We're like your second family and I promise that we'll always help you whenever you need us"he said and hugged me. "Thanks" I said and smiled. It's good to know that I'm not completely alone in this. 

"That's what family is for. In fact, I'm going to start helping you right now. You said you have problem with sleeping in your capsule right ?"he asked. "Yeah but...how can you help me with that ?"I asked confused. He smirked and said"You'll see"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hush little Chasey don't say a word, Adam's gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird don't sing, Adam's gonna buy you a diamond ring..."

We were both in my capsule, Adam hugging me while forcing my head on his shoulder so it's 'more comfortable'. He kept stroking my head as he sang that lullaby. I really wanted to tell him to stop but I didn't have the heart to do so.

 After a few minutes though I couldn't hold it anymore and broke away from his embrace. "Adam I really appreciate you trying to help but I don't think it's working"I said as politely as I could. "But that's exactly what Leo does when I can't sleep and it always works"he said in disappointment. "Well we're not all the same so not everything works for everyone"I tried to explain. "But we've only been trying it for 5 minutes. I'm sure that if I sing to you again and again you'll eventually fall asleep"he said confidently. "Adam I'm not sure-"

Before I could say anything else I was once again in his embrace while he stroked my head and sang the same lullaby again and again and AGAIN!!! Oh God, this is gonna be a long night!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I woke up in my capsule alone. Huh, looks like it worked I thought. I programmed the capsule to change me to my daily clothes( I begged Mr. Davenport to show me how the whole computer works) and went upstairs to find everyone already sitting on the dining table, eating breakfast. 

"Good morning Chase"Tasha said as she set a plate with pancakes in front of me. "Good morning Tasha"I replied. I was sitting next to Adam and Leo and Bree sat on the opposite side. "I told you it'd work. You fell asleep in the middle of the 26th time I sang it"Adam whispered to me and I couldn't help but laugh.

After breakfast everyone but Tasha went down to the lab to train(Leo doesn't train either but he likes to pretend he is)It was awesome. It turns out that I'm really good in martial arts because of my super intelligence. I actually beat Bree! After two hours of training Mr. Davenport let us have a break. I went upstairs to find Bree sitting on the couch and sat next to her. "Hi"she said. "Hey"I said back. "Look Chase, I know you're still mad at me but you need to know that the only reason I told Mr. Davenport is because-"

"It's ok Bree. I forgave you remember ?"I said. "Yeah but you don't trust me anymore but you have to know that I'll do anything to earn your trust again"she said. "You don't have to. I'm giving you a second chance"I told her."Really ? Why ?"she asked confused. "Well last night I had a conversation with Adam and he's right. You guys are really like my second family and families forgive each other"I said and she smiled. "Thank you Chase"she said and hugged me. "Oh and btw Adam told me about last night and I also watched it from the security cameras. It was hilarious"she said laughing when she pulled back. "Yeah but you have to admit that it actually worked"I said laughing myself. "Then someone knocked on the door. Bree went to answer it but Leo stopped her. "Wait, Chase go hide. You're supposed to be missing"he said. I nodded and ran to hide behind the kitchen bar. Then Bree opened the door and I couldn't believe who I saw.

"Amanda what are you doing here ?"Bree asked worried. "I know you have my brother. Where is he ?"Oh boy

Hey guys I know that I haven't updated since forever but I kinda lost interest in Lab Rats even though I don't want to give my stories up. Also in "A new life" I write it a little slowly because it's a big chapter. I can't tell you when I'm going to publish but I am. Anyway, how did you find this chapter ? I wrote this from one of my favorite scenes in season 4. Also what do you think about Amanda coming to the mansion ?Write your opinion in the commends. See you next time. BYEEE!!!