1: Announcements (work in progress)

Brittney's P.O.V. written by @_HawthorneRosewen

It was a warm summer afternoon, the Reed family household was all abuzz gathering in the small apartment with a few extra guests waiting to see who will be Kent's selected. Brittney sat farthest from the tv not really caring. Did she sign up for the Selection? Yes, she did. However whether she made it in or not, she didn't care. Brittney would honestly rather be home with the people she has grown up within the last 15 years of her life, with her family, than in a large palace with a stuck up, head in their ass, prince, that 34 other girls would fight over. 

"I am so excited, I can't wait to see who is in." whispered one of the girls from Brittney's theatre to her blonde-haired cousin Valerie.

"So am I! I hope that I am in! Can you imagine the prince falling head over heels for me?" She asks with a grin, the other girl, whose name could never be pronounced in Brittney's mind because it was so unique laughed and playfully bowed.

"All hail Queen Valerie." Brittney sighed at the two girls moving her fingers through her hair and tucking it behind her ear. 

"Hey Brittney, come help dad set out the snacks." Chris, her older brother, called out over the many voices of the guests. Brittney sighed but put on a smile.

"Coming," She said softly getting out of her nice seat in front of the fan and over to the kitchen where her father, Xander, stood laying out food on the trays. "How can I help dad?" She asked leaning against the doorway. The man, who was 5 feet 8 inches tall, with black messy hair, turns around welcoming his daughter with his puffy blue eyes and a small smile that quivered softly. Brittney stands up straight with concern. "What's wrong?" she asks walking over to him.

"N-nothing sweetheart, I am just-- it's the onions that's all." He replied trying to play everything off.

"Dad... you know that I know better, come on what is it...?" She asked, lowering her crossed arms. At that moment she was pulled into his arms and held tightly.

"You were so small when I found you... and so timid... now look at you... 18 years old, having chances to be part of one of the biggest events to come in your lifetime... I am so proud of you.." he said squeezing her tightly.

"D-dad... the biggest milestone for me was graduating..." she pulled back softly. "My next 'big event' would be me owning my own business or performing in a professional event for the first time... I don't think this whole Selection thing is going to be much of anything for me." she gave her dad a reassuring smile. "There are so many girls here in Kent alone that want to be in this, chances are very small that I would be chosen as one of the two girls here." She continued.

"I don't think so Brittney, I know that you are meant for something big and this is it."

"Dad I don't think--"

"Let's have a bet, sweetheart," he suggested with a soft smile. "A small bet but a bet." Brittney's eyes narrow.

"Why would you want to bet on something like this?" she asked slightly suspicious.

"It's just a for fun thing that I am willing to bet," he said calming down. "We can make this nerve-racking time fun..." he continued softly. Brittney sighed.

"Okay, dad what is your bet?"

"I bet that you will be nominated to be a Kent representative for the Selection. If I am right each of your family gets to send you off with something you have to wear at least once in the Selection." Brittney raised an eyebrow again.

"If I win..." Brittney thought for a moment not sure what to ask of her father. She looked around the room trying to think of something, then smiled. "You have to help me pull a harmless prank on whomever I choose." She grinned. Her dad returned the grin and held out his hand.

"Deal." Father and daughter shook hands. A knock is sounded behind the two of them. A woman around the age of Xander, with raven colored hair, soft brown eyes and a shining smile against her coffee toned skin looked at the two of them.

"Brittney, Xander," she spoke their names with a soft eastern European accent. "It's time, they are announcing." Xander walked over to her and kissed her gently.

"Thank you, Stephanie," he replied softly before walking to the living room with his arm wrapped around her mom's waist. Brittney looked down at herself and straightened out her shirt. It's time. She walked out to the crowded room and stood against the wall. She watched the tv with impatience awaiting the results.  

***

Ben's P.O.V written