Chapter 1

Blue Sargent had been 7 years old when she first discovered YouTube. She had clawed her way onto a stool stood near the dining room table where her mother's laptop was. It was one of the few computers in 300 fox way, but she was occasionally allowed to use it to play "cool math games" and review flash cards for school. Which is exactly what she had been planning on doing, except after she had opened and unlocked the computer her mothers previous screen came up. It seemed like a paper but filled with videos? Upon further inspection Blue discovered this video platform was called "YouTube". She also noticed the "recommended" box filled with videos of "how to crochet a sweater for beginners" the sweater on the screen looking similar to the ones Blues mother had created for her. She felt like a detective or a spy, and also rebellious and brave. As silly as it may seem considering she was only looking at her mothers YouTube page instead of playing cool math games but it was the biggest act of rebellion she had ever committed against her mother, other than sneaking a candy or two.  Quickly looking both ways to make sure the coast was clear, she daringly scrolled down the page discovering many more videos under many different categories. One caught her eye more than the rest "Watch it again". Is this what her mother did while she was away at school? Was this allowed, searching through her mothers YouTube activity like this? Before she could see what the box contained though, she heard someone clearing their throat behind her. She had been caught. She turned around and guiltily looked up at the amused face of her mother. "Why are you all hunched over like that? Its bad for your back." Maura stated. Looking at the screen behind her daughter she widened her eyes and gasped dramatically "Are you snooping? Blue, how could you? You're supposed to be working on math, not snooping through my internet history!" She exclaimed, body posture and tone of voice letting her paranoid daughter let her know she was joking. Playing along Blue mimicked her mothers shocked face "Oh no! You've caught me, your rebellious daughter snooping through the secrets you keep hidden in this computer. But I've figured everything out, you'll never be able to hide the truth from me again!" She declared loudly before jumping down from the stool and darting out of the kitchen hearing her mothers footsteps behind her. Blue giggled as she raced into the living room, glancing behind her to see if her mother was still chasing her, only to run smack into her legs. "Gotcha!" Maura exclaimed as she swooped her up and placed her on the couch, tickling her tiny daughters sides as the girl squirmed and shrieked between laughs. With a final round of tickles Maura flopped onto the worn and loved sofa next to her flush faced, crazy haired daughter. Maura allowed Blue to catch her breath a moment before turning to her with a raised eyebrow "So, what were you doing?" She asked earning a squeak from her daughter "I was just looking! I wanted to know what it was, I wasn't snooping I swear!" She exclaimed, pulling her feet up to snatch them with her small hands. With a chuckle Maura said "I'm not mad, just curious about why you were being so secretive about this. Do you wanna see what it is?" After recieving an enthusiastic nod they headed back into the kitchen where the computer still sat. Climbing onto the stool with Blue settled on her lap Maura scrolled down to the "Watch It Again" section and clicked the first video in the block "How To Make Unicorn Socks". The titled earned a gasp from Blue "Can I make 'em, Can I make 'em?" She asked enthusiastically, all curiosity for her mom's YouTube usage gone. With a smile Maura replied "Sure, I was going to make them for you but-" "Wait Wait wait!" Blue interrupted "I can do it, for my um... Home, uh, home..." "Home economics?" Maura supplied for her. "Yeah! I Can make the socks for Home economics!" She cheered. "You don't take home economics. But if you really want to we can watch the video together and you can do the socks and I'll help when you need it okay?" Maura asked the child who was wiggling with anticipation and excitement "okay!" She agreed with an enthusiastic nod.

Authors Note
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
So I normally never read these and probably won't write a lot but if anyone does read this then thank you, any comments? I really like dialogue too so that's gonna be a big thing. Credit in photo (I think)