Abby

"Jackson, may I have a moment alone." Abby tightened the grip on the papers she held in her hands. She hoped that he would not notice how much they were trembling. Jackson was worried about her. They all were. Between Marcus and Jackson, she had not been alone since she had awoken just 48 hours earlier- on the wrong side of those doors. Abby had only been able to convince Marcus to attend a council meeting that Octavia had convened by pointing out that it was either him or Jaha as the representative for Skaikru. Marcus had reluctantly agreed to leave her side for a few hours, but not before making Jackson promise to stay with Abby in his absence. If she hadn't felt so empty, she might have protested against being kept under constant watch.

Jackson looked at her, intently, his dark brown eyes full of concern. "Abby, I don't think-"

She placed her hand firmly on his shoulder. Somewhere along the way he had become so much more than just her apprentice. He was a trusted colleague, a beloved friend. Family. Her heart swelled with adoration and affection for the kind, loyal and compassionate man that stood before her. She attempted to give Jackson a reassuring smile. However, noticing the frightened look on his face, she realized that she had not been successful.

"Abby, you... you shouldn't be alone right now." Jackson nervously looked at the door behind him, mindful of Marcus' explicit orders. Protect her. Keep her safe. "We will need to begin the preparations for your procedure... Luckily, Raven was able to provide us all the information we needed before-" Jackson quickly fell silent, looking uncomfortably at the ground.

Before the radio communications were cut off. Before Abby could talk to Clarke. Before she could tell her daughter that she loved her. One last time. Before the world ended.

"It's OK Jackson. Please, I just need a minute." Jackson looked conflicted, and extremely uncomfortable. " Now." Abby emphasized the last word. Not many dared to defy her when she used that tone of voice. Only one person, actually. She felt a warm sensation sweep through her core. Marcus.

Jackson gave her one last worried glance before quietly leaving the room. It was not until she heard the 'click' of the door securely closing, that she allowed herself to fall apart. Abby felt her throat tightening, constricting the flow of oxygen to her lungs. Staring down at the yellow papers still clutched in her hands. The data swam before her eyes, as she fought to control her emotions. Shock? Fear? Joy? She had read through the report at least a dozen times in the past 30 minutes, and yet the truth within the numbers remained unchanged.

Hemotology Report

Patient Name: Abigail Griffin
Age: 42
Sex: F

Hemoglobin 15 g/dL
Reticulocytes 1.1%
White blood cells (WBC) 7 x 10^9/L
Neutrophils: 5 x 10^9/L
Bands: < 1 x 10^9/L
Lymphocytes: 2 x 10^9/L
Monocytes: 0.5 x 10^9/L
Eosinophils: < 0.5 x 10^9/L
Platelets: 308 x 10^9/L
Fibrinogen: 3.2 g/L
hCG level: 98,500 mIU/cc

It was the last set of numbers that had sent waves of shock tearing through her body, and had momentarily stopped her heart from beating. hCG level: 98,500 mIU/cc

Impossible. As a doctor, however, she simply could not deny the empirical evidence in front of her. Numbers always told the truth.

Pregnant.