Chapter VI

A few days went by and vincent had to go back to school. As usual when he got there he waited for kala to get off the bus. When she got off she didn't say a word to him and she acted as if she was mad at him. He went on to all of his classes and when he got into track he found out that kala had gotten into track for some reason. She ran that day but didn't do very well because she never really ran other than there. When it was time for them to take a break he walked up to her and asked her "what are you doing in track?" she looked at him and smiled. "I didn't like the class i was in and i wanted to spend more time with you." practice went on as usual after that and by the time practice ended kala was worn out. They didn't have time to catch the bus after practice so they walked home. Vincent walked kala home and then went back to his house. Nathan and his mom were in their bedroom playing xbox. Vincent went to his bed and took a nap.
*
*
*
Vincent woke up an hour later and he apparently didn't notice the cat followed him inside again and it was sleeping at the end of his bed. He was about to get it back outside but Nathan called him into his bedroom. He went in there and is mom was crying. "What's wrong?" he asked her. Nathan handed him a stack of papers. "That just came in the mail" he said. Nathan read the papers all the way through and then dropped the papers onto the bed. He was pissed. The papers were from a lawyer. More specifically his mom's ex husband's lawyer. He had a brother and sister he rarely seen because his mom's ex husband kept them from him and his mom and at the time it had been about 3 months since they had last seen them. The letter stated that jarrod (his mom's ex husband) was trying to get full custody of his brother and sister Josh and Leah. Vincent knew if that happened they would never see them again. Jarrod would keep them away and would let them see their brother or mom. Vincent was not going to let that happen. When his mom and Jarrod were married when he was a kid Jarrod abused them. He would hit them with whatever he had. He would even hit them with a 2×4. Vincent will never forget what jarrod would say as he was hitting them: "keep crying and I'll give you a reason to." vincent did not know if jarrod was still like that to this day, but he didn't want to take any chances. " your mom and I are going to get married sooner than planned. " Nathan said. "When we do that, we'll change your last name get your brother and sister back and get as far away as we can. " "what about kala?" vincent asked. " i don't know" vincent didn't know what to think about that part but other than that he was all for it. "We're gonna get married in about a week." nathan said. Vincent went back to his room. He lied down on his bed and the cat moved closer to him. For some reason he didn't want to hate it. He started to pet the cat. "You look kinda like Titus." he said. Titus was his favorite marvel villain. "Titus. That's your name." he said. And then he fell asleep again.