Chapter 4 - Saviour

Haaai people!

I know it's been centuries since I updated. I am so sorry, I've been really busy!

I won't keep you waiting any longer.. Chapter 4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

Sounds of footsteps caught my attention and I looked up to see a guy dressed in black jeans, a white tight fitting shirt and a black jacket walked up to the counter. He had his hair up in a quiff and looked really good. I couldn’t stop staring.

When he caught me staring, he smiled/ smirked. It one of the most attractive things I’d ever seen. He leaned his hands on the counter and looked at me with his hazel eyes and smirked.

“Hello, I’m Chris”

I gave him a small smile and nodded at him. His voice was so manly yet comforting and angelic you could say. I went down to work on the computer again. Even though he was so good looking, I’m not giving him a second thought because all guys are jerks anyway. There is no problem with that. I busied myself with that last thought.

“Ahem” Chris cleared his throat.

“How may I help you, Sir” I emphasized on the Sir to give him the impression that I didn’t give a shit about knowing his name. I looked up at him and gave him my nicest fake smile.

“Are you Paula? ‘Cause I’ve heard she is old and you look mighty fine” he winked in the end.

Are you kidding me? His flirting skills were next to zero. I mean I suck at flirting but even I can do a better job than this.

“Umm, no I’m not Paula. I am Myra. And if you were trying to flirt I’m sorry your game is really rubbish. Where did you learn that from? A drunk man?” I scoffed at him.

He just seemed amused by me because he gave me a rather big smirk than earlier.

“Myra, pretty name you got there.” He smiled. “How about that? Was that good enough?” he smirked again.

“Haha not even close” I muttered. What is with these guys? Smirking all day long?

Just then Paula entered with a cart full of books. Whoa? Where did that come from?

“Ahh Mr. Bailey, here’s your order. I’ve tried to get all the books you requested.” She smiled at him.

Chris Bailey. Hmm, seems like a nice name.

Can you stop thinking about him?

What? I just said it was a nice name.

Myra, you are pathetic.

No you are. Now stop talking to me.

“Myra dear, hello…” Paula was waving her hand in front of me.

“Uh umm, yeah?” My vision cleared and I looked at Paula.

“I asked you to help Mr. Bailey here with these books” She said.

“Eh what? Why me Paulaaa?” I semi-glared at her.

“Because you are a sweet heart, aren’t you dear?” she smiled at me.

“Fine. Only because I love you” I muttered and walked towards the cart.

Why does he even need my help? He has big fat muscles. He can do it himself. I bet he is having a fun time with this whole situation. Ugh. This just sucks.