Chapter 1 - Prankster

Hey guys!

Here's the first chapter!

Hope y'all like it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a normal day in the town of Roseville. The sun was shining bright. The birds were chirping and flying from one place to another in search of food. The bees were buzzing. The insects working to prepare food for their winter store. In all it was a very beautiful day.

Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. How stupid of me?

I am Myra Bells. I am 17 years old and I live with my father. I study in Roseville High and as part time, I work in the library. I often help my dad with his work. He is a cultural researcher and I help him with the research work.

His research work is quite unique and interesting. But honestly, I never understand why these silly prophecies and superstitions were created by the olden people. It just goes above my head. You can call me modern day girl if you want to.

I have blonde hair till my chest. Blue eyes and I'm of average height for my age. I am very skinny. Now people will think that weight matters to me but here's a quick theory, my metabolism is extremely fast which doesn't let me gain weight. I hate dieting. I love eating food. And I really don't care what people think of me.

"Mai, are you dreaming about hot book characters again?" my best friend nudged me.

"Eh? No. I have other things to think about too y'know Becca" I nudged her back.

We looked at each other and started laughing at the irony of the statement. We both were the bookworm types. We didn't mind partying but we preferred to stay in and read a good book. That's how we met anyways.

Two years ago, I was working in the library and a girl with bright red hair walked up to me in search of The Mortal Instruments. I took her to the aisle and showed her the book and we started talking about it and since then we are inseparable.

She almost loved the same books as me and when either of us would find a different book, we'd share it with the other. That's how our normal lives were.

At the current moment we were sitting in the auditorium of our school waiting for our Principal to give a lecture on something someone had done. Quite frankly, I never paid attention to the high school drama. It was quite annoying.

I wasn't an A grade student but I got decent grades. I wasn't a teacher's pet too because I got in fair amounts of trouble myself.

This one time, I got in trouble because I kind of...might have broken the school bell. Well, I couldn't open a box and when I did open it, the lid went straight towards the bell and broke it. It was clearly not intentional but I still got a week's detention for it.

"So boys and girls..." my bald headed Principal Mr. Lodge started speaking into the microphone. I tuned him out basically because firstly, he was boring. His monologue was making me drowsy already and secondly, because I couldn't give a rat's ass about it.

He kept on going on and on even after an hour. Becca was asleep too and she was slightly snoring as well. I decided to let her be because half the auditorium had slept off as well but he still didn't realize that no one was paying attention. Now he was speaking about the school's aims and achievements but all I heard was "blah blah blah."

Seriously, that man should understand that nobody cares. Just give detention to the wrong doers and let the other people live in peace. It was almost home time as well and I was seriously getting annoyed.