01. | the norm

T H E
N O R M

It was another sleepless night, filled with kisses and soft moans as they stayed in their bedroom wrapped in each other's arms. They were awaiting for midnight so they could hunt with Alice and Jasper, the other couple no doubt somewhere in the forest, as they always were, probably pressed against each other. The daybed under them creaked as Edward pushed himself closer to the brunette girl's body. His body fitting in between her parted legs. "Wait, wait, wait." He chuckled, leaving a harsh kiss on her lips, bruised from so much kissing. They parted quickly, as per his request. He took the hem of his t-shirt in his hand before quickly removing it, her small, dainty hands already running across his exposed stomach, before holding the cotton shirt in her own hands and helping him remove it from his body.

Once the white cotton was removed and Edward had his body pressed once more against Ro's, hands moving wildy and lips pressing more harshly, almost desperately, a harsh quick knock on the door of the room stopped them. The girl's head hiding in the curve of Edward's neck as she giggled, and he groaned in annoyance as they were once more interrupted. It has already been a reaccurance between the Cullens to distrupt the other and their mates in the midst of intervention. "Get up and away from Ro, Eddy boy. We're going hunting."

Edward rolled his eyes as he got the white shirt from the carpeted floor, ignoring Emmett's quip while buckling the belt wrapped around his waist. It was earlier unbuckled by Rowan, seemingly forgotten once she removed her own shirt. Edward, despite his age was technically still a teenage boy. The sound of the belt buckling was unmissed by Emmett, who was still behind the closed door, a look of disgust evident on his face. "That's disgusting, you two! There are others in the house!" Ro laughed as she fixed her hair, "That never stopped you!" Edward had a fond look on his face at her remark, laughing as Emmett's heavy footsteps and booming laughter echoed farther away from them.

Once the couple had finally cleaned themselves up, they interlocked hands as they began to leave their room, Edward as usual opening the door for the two, letting Ro move past him - their hands still intwined - before closing the door behind them. Wincing once he saw the mark unhidden by her newly cut shoulder length hair. "Does that hurt, baby?" Edward had asked, taking his hand to thumb the purple bruise at Ro's neck. "Not the first time you gave me a hickey, Edward."

"I know," he said as they made their way down the stairs, an almost proud look on his face. "It must have hurt, though." "Barely." She smiled, as they reunited with their - technically, in their peer's eyes - siblings at the foot of the staircase. Alice, Jasper and Emmett were waiting for them, Ro unlinking her hands from Edward's as she moved towards the living area where Rosalie was seated, reading a book. "You aren't coming, Rose?"

"Not tonight, I planned on making arrangements to the truck before we leave." The beautiful blonde gave a small smile and Ro smiled back, "Okay, if you aren't done when we get back I want to help." Rosalie smiled once again, "Of course. Have fun." With that, Ro headed back to her awaiting siblings and lover, intertwining their fingers as soon as she reached Edward's side. And in a blink of an eye, the lovers followed after their siblings who already went ahead.

As soon as they reached the chilling woods, the same and ever present exhiliarating feeling washed over her. The wind harsh against her hair and the damp soil pressed under her shoe clad feet. The sounds of nature surrounded her and gave her a sense of calm. A few feet ahead of her was the love of her eternal life. She watched as he stopped, and she stopped shortly after, both knowing her tendency to get lost in nature and Edward's role in their hunt as the finder of their prey. "What is it, Edward?" Thin arms wrapped around his waist and he hummed, the fingers tapping against his stomach distracting him from their hunt. "A lion." Ro gave a small laugh, "Mmm, my favorite. I'll race ya to it." And then she was off, Edward softly chuckling and running after her.

They stopped behind a tree before a small clearing, a healthy mountain lion casually pacing around the grass. Edward lurched forward, but stopped when another mountain lion came from behind a tree. He watched in awe as the lioness came toward the male, but in a blur of red, the lioness was down and his lover was on top of it. Taking the oppurtunity, he ran after the male lion and took a bite, his eyes closing in pleasure as the warm, metallic taste of blood went down his throat. In the short distance between the two mates, Edward can hear Ro's satisfied groans while she parted with her meal. Soon after, Edward also stood from his kneeling position above the motionless animal. He watched in fascination as his lover wiped at the corner of her lips, moving to take her thumb to her mouth but he stopped her with his quick movements. Now, he stood in front of her, taking Ro's hand in his as he placed her thumb into his mouth, sucking animal's blood off of her finger.

Edward hummed, removing the thumb out of his mouth with a pop and kissing the soft skin before making eye contact with Ro's golden eyes. They stared at each other, the action that took place between them made their eyes glow with need and then, Edward was leaning forward. Taking his mouth to press against her's, his tongue sticking out as he licked her lips, his hands placed against her neck to keep Ro in place while he licked and licked her lips clean of the blood that usually stayed after a hunt. "Not everybody's as clean as a eater as you are, love." He remembered her saying as he moved his mouth to her cheek and licked the flesh there, "Mmm, baby. I don't think I make that much of a mess." He chuckled, stopping his ministrations and kept his eyes closed, resting his forehead against her temple, taking unnecessary deep breaths. "We should head back, it's a long drive to Forks." Rowan nodded, and after the two intertwined their fingers, they disappeared with a blur.

words ; 1104
status ; unedited