Chapter 6

The wind blows in my face as the screams fill my ears. I'm standing houses down from the Team 10 house, because I'm too nervous to go straight up.

Suddenly a car stops across the street from me and I hear a door open. As I shoot a glance over in that direction, I immediately catch sight of blond hair. Turns out I didn't need to go in, because he wasn't even in the house after all.

Jake's eyes are locked onto mine.

He slowly walks in my direction, not even looking to see if a car is coming before crossing over. "Abbi," is all he says before his arms are around me.

I'm standing here shocked from his action and seconds later I wrap my own arms around him. After everything, I admit being in his arms seems natural and I've missed it.

"I have something to tell you," I voice as Jake and I walk along a path we found at a park he drove me to.

Earlier when I saw the Dolans, I confessed to them everything that happened with Jake and I. They were the first to ever hear the truth about everything. I told them about Hayes. I told them about all my worries and fears.

I don't know what came over me.

They both told me their side of the story of what happened between them and Jake. I wasn't too surprised, considering I read Jake's book. However, even with the fall out, they told me to try to reach for the boy they once knew.

So here I am, walking next to Jake Paul. The boy I once loved. The boy who has been by my side my whole life. My best friend.

"If you would have asked me two years ago, when we were first together, about where we would be now. This isn't what I imagined. Just so you know Jake, I still love you. I love you like I always have for most my life. I'm just not in love with you, which wasn't what I imagined either. It took a lot of pain to get where I am, but I want you to know I'm happy now. And before you jump to anything, I was happy with you. The two of us, we're better off as friends and I hope deep down you feel the same way. I never wanted you out of my life and I never wanted to be out of your life," I confess.

I take a breath in and out. I have stopped walking at some point and my eyes are on Jake's as the next words slip out, "I'm dating Hayes."

The air around us feels thick as I'm patiently waiting for Jake to say something. He immediately looks away from me to hide his face. "Out of everyone, you end up with him," but his words aren't spoken towards me.

I can tell he's upset, but before I can defend myself he continues, "But there's nothing I've wanted more than for you to be happy. Hayes makes you happy, when I caused you pain. So, I have him to thank for taking care of you when I couldn't."

I'm left speechless. Standing before me is the Jake I know and love. Turns out Logan was right, deep down is the same Jake Paul I fell in love with.

I can feel the tears falling down my face as I practically throw myself at Jake. My face is against his chest and he's holding me close.

"I wanted to tell you about Hayes. I wanted to tell you that I found happiness again. I wanted to tell you about how I felt. I wanted to tell you about the games my team won. I wanted to tell you how much I've missed you, because I missed you constantly. I wanted to tell you everything. I wanted to say it all, but fear stopped me. I didn't want you to hate me for being an inconvenience in your life," I finally admit to him.