Earthquake!

Princess Sofia remembered her first trip to the Mystic Isles. She had to help stop an Evil Crystalmaster from draining the magic away from the Isles. The Protectors of the Mystic Isles witnessed Sofia capturing the Crystalmaster and invited the princess to be a Protector of the Ever Realm.

Sofia's best friend (and boyfriend), Prince Hugo, also became a Protector of the Ever Realm some time afterwards. As Protectors, Sofia and Hugo have magical bracelets called Enchantlets. With these bracelets, they can lasso anything and contact each other. Sofia and Hugo need to have their Enchantlets on them at all times.

It was a beautiful day in Albuquerque. Sofia, Amber, and James were outside in the garden with Hugo and Axel. Amber was just sitting on a garden bench while Sofia and the boys played Dazzleball—younger siblings against older siblings.

"I'm open!" James called.

Axel was just about to throw the Dazzleball to James. "Here it comes!" he called back.

But then Hugo came up behind. "Dogpile!" he cried. Then he tackled Axel, who wound up losing the ball.

"Okay, you got me good," Axel chuckled. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm a little tired of playing Dazzleball."

"Me too," Hugo nodded. He got up and helped Axel get on his feet.

"We've been outside for a while," Sofia declared.

"She's right—let's got back inside," Axel said.

Hugo went to get the Dazzleball. But then it seemed like the nearby brick maze was shaking. Then it started shaking even more.

"Why is the maze shaking?" Amber asked.

"Earthquake!" James cried.

"We'd better stay out here until it stops," Axel declared.

Hugo picked up the Dazzleball and tried to run to the others but tripped on a loose cement tile and fell down. Now the fence was shaking so much that a cement ball came loose and landed right on Hugo's right wrist. Soon enough, the earthquake stopped, and everyone rushed over to Hugo.

"Hugo, are you okay?" Sofia asked.

Hugo tried to get up, but then he felt a sharp pain in his wrist. "No, it's my wrist," he groaned.