Ch 2

This goes out to Kat because when she was younger she used to say, "I'm just resting my eyes."

I woke up with a ringing sound in my ear and a blinding white light in my eyes.

"Ow," I groaned, holding my temples, waiting for the ringing to stop. I reached over for a water bottle on top of my side table and drank it, then sat up. I looked around, surprised to see I was in my own room. I figured Cassie would've bailed me out and taken me to her huge house. All of a sudden my door opened, revealing my Aunt Tory.

"Hey hon, you're up!" she exclaimed, bringing me over a doughnut.

"Please don't scream, I think my head might explode. Thanks for this donut." I said. She sat on my small bed, making me move over. I wanted nothing more than for her to leave at this moment. I love my aunt, but not during an ecstasy hangover.

"Now Nattie, you need to tell me what happened last night. I get woken up at 2 in the morning with some guy holding you, while you're passed out and drooling with no explanation? No, that's not acceptable."

"Can I tell you later Aunty, I think I might throw up?" I asked, even though I felt fine. I just wanted to have my Boston Cream donut in peace.

"No, not falling for it. Tell me what happened." I swallowed and tried to think of how to explain it.

"Cassie, Georgia, Emily and I went to a club and it got a little wild and I passed out."

"You don't just pass out because it's 'wild.' What did you take?" My aunt looked at me seriously.

"A pill, I don't know!" She sighed.

"Look, I don't want to punish you but I'm being too lenient. You seriously need to clean up your act. It's your senior year and you need to get into college. With SAT scores like yours, you could get into a great school Nattie but you just don't apply yourself." My aunt started tearing up. "I don't know what to do." I couldn't help but pity my aunt. Lately it had felt like my existence wasn't really a joy to everyone, but a burden.

"Aunty I'm sorry." I said, not sure what to say. Sorry for what? Living my life? I mean honestly, adults act like they never grew up and made mistakes. Do they want us to be in perfect molds forever? 

"Just please promise me you'll at least try. I want you to go to college." I hugged her, rolling my eyes to myself. I don't have much, but at least I have my aunt. 

Monday morning I woke up and prepared myself for my second week of senior year. I took my magenta/violet colored hair out of a braid, making it all wavy. I put on jean shorts and a t-shirt with converse and took my backpack. In my mind, the thought of my aunt crying kepy replaying. I needed to do something good for her. She'd been through a lot since I came to her, I owed her. I looked on the counter, searching for my keys when I saw a note.

Nattie-

        Be home late tonight. Got myself a date with one of the engineers at the hotel ;). I left a few bucks for supper. OH and make sure to lock the door, we can't afford to have anything stolen from us if you know what I mean, haha. Anyways, the boy who took you home the other night left his number, I think you should call him and say thank you. 

                                                                                        LOL- Lots of Love

                                                                                                        Tory.