1

jaedens pov

I got out of the car and walked up to the old and worn out doorway. I hate this. I hate all of this so much. I rang the door bell and stood, waiting for someone to open the door. a small boy with curly brown hair opened the door and...squealed?

his eyes widened and the corners of his mouth turned up and he grinned at me. "its you!", he took me into the biggest hug and it felt like I almost couldn't breathe.

"we've been waiting for you!", he squealed once again and finally pulled away from me, causing me to finally catch my breath again.

"jack, calm down. its just a boy.", a tall boy, maybe just a few years older than me said. he had an Australian accent, and he looked a lot more calmer than the smaller boy.

" I'm sorry I'm just so excited!", he basically screamed. "we have newcomers at least every month. its not that exciting.", the taller boy said.

I stood there, confused, not knowing what to say or do.

" now, now boys.", a woman said as she walked up to the door and smiled at me. "welcome! I'm Mrs. jackson and I basically run the orphanage with a few other girls. we're the people who control these little rascals.", she laughed and looked at, apparently the boy named " jack" and the taller boy.

I smiled a little and finally got out the words, "w-well I'm jaeden and, are these all the boys here?"

"oh, no. there's many more.", she said. she seemed really nice. " maybe jack and nic could show you the other boys! and maybe just a little tour around the house."

jack let out a tiny squeal and "nic" shrugged. "yes! perfect!", jack said with his squeaky voice. i gripped onto the handle of my suitcase and walked in once nic and jack turned around and headed to what looked like, the kitchen.

" this is the kitchen. this is either where Mrs. Jackson cooks or I, mama grazer, cooks the most outstanding meals!", jack said with much triumph in his voice.

"no jack, your meals are shit. not only have six of the boys gotten sick from it, but even Mrs. Jackson did." , a boy with curly brown hair said, who was standing at the kitchen counter.

I turned around to the tall boy with curly brown hair. he looked very annoyed.

"Wyatt, you're just jealous that you can't cook as good as me" , jack said, putting his hands on his hips.

the boy with curly hair rolled his eyes and looked at me, popping a strawberry in his mouth from out of the refrigerator. he smirked and walked out of the kitchen.

" who's he?", I asked. "that's Wyatt.", nic said. " he's been here the longest, tomorrow it would be turning to fifteen years he's been here.", jack said.

my jaw dropped and I couldn't help but feel bad for the boy. fifteen years in an orphanage.

"why so long?", I asked. " if I told you then he would kill me. seriously.", jack said. "oh", I replied.

nic and Jack led me to the living room and we looked at all the boys that were laying on all the chairs and the couches, and even some on the floor. there were at least twenty of them and they were all watching cartoons on the flat screen TV.

" hey everyone! this is the newbie...", he looked at me curiously, probably wanting to know my name.

"oh um...its jaeden.", I said. " jaeden! I love the name!" "thanks?", I said.

nic sat down on the floor next to a boy with curly black hair.

" finnie!", jack screamed. "this is jaeden, the newbie!". " you said that already, jack." jack frowned and looked down. "sorry.", jack said quietly, maybe the first time he actually said something quietly.

I felt everyone's eyes on me. it was really weird and I just wanted to get out of there. " I'll show you the rest of the rooms!" , jack said.

jack lead me to the basement of the house. all you could hear was the sounds of guns shooting and screaming in a video game. we got all the way down the stairs and the "Wyatt" boy was sitting on a couch next to another boy with much shorter curly brown hair. "fuck!", Wyatt yelled as his character from the video game died.

Wyatt and the other boy didn't notice me and Jack standing there until Jack said, " language, oleff!"

Wyatt glared at jack and stood up. "don't say my last name." "why not?" Jack asked. Wyatt walked closer to jack and gritted his teeth. "I don't like being reminded of my..." Wyatt looked away and you could see sadness in his eyes. "everytime someone says my last name...it reminds me of my parents. just- just don't say my last name, okay? its just Wyatt. only Wyatt. got it?" , Wyatt said with a shaky voice. his eyes looked a little cloudy, looking like he was about to cry.

jack nodded and Wyatt walked back to the couch, sitting next to the boy with the curly brown hair. the boy was still playing the game and Wyatt just laid next to him.

"hey gaten", jack said. " hey Jack ", gaten said, not looking away from the game. i set my suitcase down and looked at jack. Jack lead me to the other side of the basement and we sat down on the carpet.

" so is Wyatt always like that?" , I whispered. "yeah. well mostly when there's newbies. he hates newbies." he whispered back. "oh" I said. "he's basically the leader or something since he's been here the longest. everyone has to share a bed and a room except him. he gets his own room. this is his own house actually." , Jack said with a laugh. "well, his parents."

"how?" I asked. "its a long story. like I said, Wyatt would kill me if I told you.", Jack said. " oh" I said.

I looked across the basement at Wyatt and gaten who had still been sitting on the couch. gaten stopped playing the game and glanced at me.

"who's that?", gaten asked. Wyatt replied with, "I don't know, but he's sure as hell not sharing a room with me".

• • • • • • •
word count: 1054

date: 2-22-18

hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! I'll probably be updating daily unless I have lots of homework to do. hope you guys are having a good day!