1

• Dedicated to Zac Efron

The world is a large place, very large. But the universe is even bigger. Just to think about how this world is merely a speck of dust in the universe, is mind blowing. This fact is what inspired me to become who I am today. Well almost. It's who I want to be. I want to be the person to find life not on just other planets but in other galaxies. The technology is more complex than anything ever made, which is exactly why it doesn't exist. No one has figured out the kind of technology we need to find out these discoveries about different universes. This is what I would love to do. But my grades are not as amazing as my goals and my imagination. Sadly, I'm still in High School suffering the endless classes about boring crap when I would much rather be going to university and majoring in Science.

This is reality for every twelfth grade student. Everyone knows what they want to do with their lives, well except for Beth. She has many, many ideas of what she wants to do. She cannot simply settle on one. Chiropractor, Anthropologist, Cosmotologist, Chef, Cat Groomer, Fashion Designer, Actress, Writer, Bar Owner or a Video Game Designer. Beth is no less educated than I am, she believes the sky is the limit, about everything. She once tried to microwave her phone to see if the radiation waves would charge it, but that cost her, a phone, three-hundred bucks to replace it and my beloved microwave. If anything Beth is smarter than I. All her grades this year alone have been ninety percent and above. As for mine, yikes. Let's not mention them.

Before I know it we are taking our final exams, I can't believe the end of the year is already here. I'm going off to college it's going to be crazy, I can't believe Beth and I are going to move to San Francisco together all the way from here in Alberta. San Francisco will be wonderful I can't wait to get my life started there, but I'm afraid we're not going to be able to do it.