And so it began

"Emily, hurry up, the deadline is tomorrow and it's already 5 PM!" God, how I sometimes wished that; 1. My boss was a bit nicer; 2. Didn't have such an annoying screechy voice; and 3. My shitty job had more realistic deadlines. Okay, maybe the deadlines were realistic for workaholics, but not for procrastinators like me. There goes my plan of surprising Micah with a nice home cooked meal. That's gonna be take-out then, again... 

If I'd get a pound for every time I wished I could just quit this job and get up and leave. I'd be stinking rich. But sadly, life isn't as glorious as all the Instagram accounts that are so in-your-face perfect. But okay. Work. Let's do this. I looked down at my to-do list and all my motivation immediately disappeared again. 10 things to do,  of which 9 things have to be done today and 1 thing can wait until tomorrow. But okay, think of your savings account and that super cute Volkswagen van you saw the other day...

At half past 7 I was finally finished. I got up and almost ran out of the office so nobody would see me and tell me that there was more work to be done today. Instead of taking the elevator I even took the stairs to avoid people. I ran downstairs, got on my bike and cycled home. Even after almost four years of living in Scotland, my Dutch upbringing still came through in my commute to and from work. Once I got home, I couldn't believe my eyes! There it was, the perfect Volkswagen van I just daydreamed about at the office today... In front of my doorstep! As soon as Micah saw me coming, he ran out the door of our apartment with keys swinging on his finger. "It's ours! Emily, it's ours!" I dropped my bike in the middle of the street, screamed and ran to Micah. "Are you serious? Absolutely a 100% serious? It's ours?" "Yes Emily, YES!" "OH MY GOD!" I screamed, grabbed the keys and opened the van, our future home! It was completely empty inside, the seats definitely needed some work, but as I got in Micah told me that all the mechanical parts have just been replaced and repaired so it runs as smooth as ever. "Oh Micah, this is perfect for us! Our rent doesn't end for six months, we have time to make it good enough to live in in that time!" I hugged him again. See, this has been our dream since the day we met. We both had this vision of us going traveling in a van around the world, but I never thought the day would actually come. And now it's here! Our own van!