Her

Chapter 3: Her

Mom asked me to go fetch both of them some coffee. As I turned around to go get the coffee, I saw her...

As soon as I saw her, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, my mind was racing at the fact how perfect she looked. I couldn't get my eyes of her.

I was still staring at her and I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around and saw Carl. I saw the dirty look he was giving me. I don't know why but I think he felt like punching me really hard.

"Did you forget what I told you this morning?" He asked me in a very serious tone. "Uh no I did not forget." I said nervously. "Then why are you staring at her?" He asked. "I don't know. I think I have seen her somewhere." I might have lied a little. Just missing out on one thing or maybe all of it and he doesn't need to know any of it yet. If I would tell him that, by now probably I would be dead.

I went to the lounge and got coffee for my mom. I couldn't stop thinking about her. The way she smiled, her hair and just everything about her was driving me crazy. I have never felt like this for any girl before, I have never thought about any girl so much and I have never ever felt my heart race by just looking at a girl.

Mostly all of my friends and colleagues call me a player. I can never stay with one girl for a long time. I can't just stay with one girl. I have had so many girlfriends before, broke so many hearts, broke their trust and in the end broke them completely. Brooke still thinks I should try and date. She thinks I might find someone or the other. At first I thought it was all stupid and made no sense. And in my case it just doesn't make sense. I fell in love with a girl who I just met once in my entire life! And I didn't know if I would meet her ever again.

A lot of people, that I know hate it, when I break a girl's heart. But that is who I am. A PLAYER. Now, when people will come to know that I have fallen in love with someone, they might think I'll try to break her heart as well. The truth is I don't want too. She is the first girl I have actually been so crazy about!

I was taking the coffee to my mom. While I was walking I bumped into someone and all the steaming hot coffee was on my shirt. "I am so sorry. I wasn't looking." The voice said and immediately I recognised that voice. I was mentally screaming with joy ( I know it's kinda stupid :p) she was still saying sorry, and all I could do was just sit on the ground and see how beautiful she looked.

I got up and got out of my day dream when I saw Carl. At that point I could literally feel the steaming coffee burn my skin. I quickly ran to the washroom and took of my shirt, I took a hand towel and soaked it in cold water. I winced in pain. It felt as if something was piercing through my skin. Soon it felt like the pain going away.

I turned around and bumped into someone. I looked up and saw that it was Carl. He was just standing there and staring at me. "Did I not warn you? You need to stop whatever you are doing." He said. I couldn't stop it. She is the girl I love and I can't stop it. He was just standing there and waiting for me to reply.

"I can't stop it, Carl." I simply said. "And may I know why?" Carl asked me. My mind was racing and my heart was thumping against my chest. Should I tell him or not? Oh Lord, what kind of situation is this? I finally made up my mind to tell him.

"The truth is, Carl, I am in love with Katherine." There is said it! And it felt like such a relief. This secret was bottled up inside me for the past three years and now I have finally told someone other than Brooke. And technically I didn't tell her. She just knew it. "How can be in love with Katherine if you just met her?" He asked me furiously.

"To be honest this isn't the first time I have met her. I met her three years ago in London. She was there with her parents for a convention held for the firm lawyers in London. That is where I met her for the first time. I spent the whole day with her, showing her around the firm and everything. It felt so right and different at the same time. It was like for once I didn't have to do anything at all. It's like I just saw her and I fell in love with her. And she probably doesn't remember a bit of it." I told him.