Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:: Rose
S2E8

Recap of C6:
"Elena!" I scream, but then I feel a pair of hands go around my neck and everything goes black.
Recap Over

I jolt awake to the sound of screaming. Dammit, someone snapped my neck. I look beside me and see Elena. I notice the blood on her shirt. "Are you alright?" I ask her. "It's okay. It's starting to heal." I look in front of us to see a woman who look familiar. "Rose-Marie..." I breath out. "Look who's finally awake." She says as I glare at her. I never really liked her. "What do you want with us?" Elena asks her. "Oh my god, you look just like her." She says, the her being Katerina. "But, I'm not. Please, whatever-" Elena starts but Rose cuts her off. "Be quiet!" she yells as I get angrier and Elena starts to shake with fear. "But I'm not Katherine. My name is Elena Gilbert; you don't have to do this." Elena pleads. "I know who you are, I said be quiet." Rose tells her. "What do you want?" Rose slaps her hard across the face and Elena falls to the couch unconscious. "I said be quiet." She says and starts to walk out of the room. "You were always a bitch, Rose." I say and she glares then walks away. I just laugh as I lay Elena's head in my lap and play with hair until she wakes up.

Elena starts to wake up as Rose and Trevor talk upstairs. She turns to me and opens her mouth to speak, but I put my finger to my lips to tell her to be quiet and point at my ears saying that they can hear us. We listen in on their conversation. "How's the girl?" Rose asks. "Still passed out." Trevor says. "You didn't touch her, did you?" "Give me some credit. So you called him?" Him? Come on be more specific, I think in my head. "No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works." Rose says. "Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" Trevor asks. Elijah? As in Elijah Mickaelson? I wonder. "They say he got it." "Wonderful and what?" Elena starts to walk up the stairs. "Elena! Wait, I'm coming with you!" I whisper yell at her. "No! Your heels will draw attention!" she whisper yells back. I sigh and whisper, "Fine. Be careful." She nods and keeps walking. I sit and keep listening to the conversation between Rose and Trevor. "So that's it Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait." She says. "Look, it's not too late. We can leave it here. We don't have to go through with this." He tells her. "I'm sick of running!" She says. Me too, sister. I say in my head. "Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying." he tells her. "Elijah's old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free." The I know Elena and been caught because Rose yells and drags her back to me. "Who's Elijah?" Elena asks Rose. "He's your worst nightmare." Rose responds and walks away.

"Why am I here?" Elena asks Rose. "You keep asking me these questions like I'm gonna answer them." Rose responds. "Why won't you?" She asks. "That's another one." Rose says. "You got me, okay? It's not like I can go anywhere. The least you can do is tell me what you want with me." Elena says. "I personally want nothing; I'm just a delivery service." Rose tells her. "Delivery to who? Elijah?" Elena asks her. "Two points to the eavesdropper." Rose says. "Who is he? Is he a vampire?" Elena asks. This time I speak. "He's one of the vampires, the originals." I say. "How do you know?" I smile and say, "Elena, I'm 500 years old. I know a few things." "Right. What do you mean the originals?" she asks. "Again with the questions. Haven't the Salvatores been teaching you your vampire history?" Rose says. "So you know Stefan and Damon?" Elena asks. "I know of them. A hundred years back, a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan. She said he was one of the good ones. I'm more of a sucker for the bad boys though but I digress." She says. Elena nods then asks,  "Who are the originals?" "Trevor and I have been running for 500 years. We're tired, we want it over. We're using you to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess." Rose says. "But why me?" Elena asks. "Because you're a Petrova Doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse." I tell her. "The curse? The sun and moon curse?" She asks growing confused. "Oh, you do know your history." Rose says. Elena turns back to me and asks, "What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse." She says. I shake my head and say, "No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it." "The sacrifice?" she asks. "The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means, in order to break the curse you're the one who has to die." I tell her and fear takes over her face.