Arriving at Kalos

The plane carrying a raven-haired boy and his Pikachu slowly dipped in the air, preparing to land. 

"Check it out, Pikachu! We're nearly at Lumiose City!" exclaimed Ash, peering intently out of the window, as his Pokémon copied him.

"Pika Pi!" shouted the Mouse Pokémon, jumping up in Ash's lap. "Pikachu, Pika!" 

"I know! We'll get to see Clemont and Bonnie. Oh man, how do you think they'll react when they see us?" 

"Pika." 

Ash laughed, being able to understand his Pokémon from all the Regions they had explored together. Next Ash and Pikachu was Serena, who had taken a break from Hoenn to come and visit the siblings with Ash. Serena giggled slightly, watching the pair.

* * *

Very soon, the plane landed and a voice announced on the PA: "Thank you for flying with Pidgeot Airlines. We have reached our destination; Lumiose City!" Ash cheered, attracting glances from the other passengers.

"Ash, keep it down," Serena whispered to him. "People might think you're strange."

"Alright, but I'm just so psyched!" Ash unbuckled his seatbelt and Pikachu jumped up onto his shoulder. "Lumiose City, here we go!" Ash almost ran to the door, forgetting his bag. Serena laughed, picking up his bag and following him. When she stood on the steps of the Airplane, she noticed Ash was lying on the ground at the bottom of the stairs.

"Ash!" she'd quickly but carefully step down the stairs, arriving at the bottom. "Ash, are you alright?"

"Not again," Ash mumbled, rolling over to face Serena. "I did that the first time I came here. Ow," he added, sitting up. "Pikachu, that's serious nostalgia, isn't it."

"Pika Pi!" came the Mouse Pokémon's voice, muffled from under Ash. "Pikachu!" he added, and Ash got of his partner. "Pika Pikachu."

"Well, Ash, where are we going first?" Serena asked, handing him his bag. "Or would you like to spend more time with the stairs?"

While Ash figured out what she had said, Serena had started to walk away, her leg muscles tensing. 

"Hey! It's not like I love them!" Ash complained, standing up and shouldering his bag. He'd start running after Serena.

"Bye!" Serena sprinted away, laughing as Ash chased her. "Can't catch me!" 

As Ash chased Serena, laughing, he didn't know of a figure standing on the roof, where Ash had first seen Mega Blaziken on his first arrival. The figure was watching Ash chase Serena, both of them laughing. Ash sensed something and turned around. He caught sight of the figure, and was hit with a wave of Nostalgia. 

Running with Pikachu, Ash was checking out new Pokémon. He spun in a circle, spotting a shadow on the ground. He turned to look at where it came from, a Pokémon above him. The Pokémon made a leap over Ash's head, vanishing in a wave of steam. 

"Did you see that, Pikachu?"

"Pika.."

Ash regained his senses, looking up at the figure, which looked like a Pokémon. The Pokémon said a quick word, "Gren." Then it vanished into thin air, leaving a small spiral of water which dissipated quickly. 

"Ash! What is it?" Serena appeared beside him, studying his face carefully. Pikachu prodded Ash, who was gazing at the spot where the Pokémon had been. "Come on, let's go."

Ash nodded, walking with Serena. The Pokémon had seemed vaguely familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on who it could have been. They entered the lobby, checking out, then left for Lumiose City. 

* * *

Ash, Serena and Pikachu left the Airport, heading towards Prism Tower, where the Lumiose Gym was located. More importantly, it was Clemont's Gym. Stopping occasionally to look at shops or a café, they were definitely taking a trip down Memory Lane.

"Remember, that's where Clemont and I battled first," Ash told Pikachu. "And where we found Froakie, remember?" Pikachu nodded enthusiastically, while Serena watched the pair. 

As they continued their walk, Ash and Serena pointed more and more things out. Eventually reaching Prism Tower, they entered it and found Clemont with a challenger, Bonnie in the stands. They were too busy focused on the battle to notice Ash, Serena and Pikachu. The three took seats a few rows behind Bonnie, watching the end of the battle. 

The Challenger yelled, "Fennekin, Ember!" A small ball of flame erupted from the Fennekin's mouth, charging at Clemont's Heliolisk.

"Deflect it and use Parabolic Charge!" commanded Clemont. Heliolisk smacked the Ember away with its tail, then yelled a battle cry, a ball of electricity flying above it. The Parabolic Charge erupted into splinters of Electricity, electrocuting the Fennekin and healing Heliolisk.

"LUKE'S FENNEKIN IS UNABLE TO BATTLE, THAT MEANS THAT CLEMONT, THE GYM LEADER, IS THE VICTOR!"

Clemont returned his Heliolisk, as did Luke with his Pokémon. "Your technique was good, but you left me an opening after your Scratch, which weakened Fennekin. Next time, try dodging a lot more, it really helps." 

"Thank you, sir." Luke said, exiting the Gym. Clemont looked over at Bonnie, noticing Ash and Serena. They both waved, and Clemont looked surprised.

"Big Brother, what is it?" Bonnie asked, turning around. "ASH! SERENA! PIKACHU!" she yelled, laughing. She'd climb over the seats, giving them both a big hug. Then she petted Pikachu's tail, making it squeal in delight. Clemont ran to them, engulfing them in hugs.

"You guys! This is such a surprise! How long have you been here? Ash, I thought you were going back to Kanto. Serena, I thought you had gone to Hoenn to do the Pokémon Contests or whatever."

"I was going to Kanto, but then went to Alola and took a break from there to visit you guys," Ash replied, Serena giving a similar response to Ash's. "Anyways, I saw a Pokémon today, who seemed familiar, but I don't know who."

"Describe them, Ash," Serena told him.

"Well, it was silhouetted so I couldn't get it's features. It seemed kind of human-like, but not exactly. It then vanished into thin air, leaving a small pillar of water which vanished quickly after that. I'm just trying to think who it could be. What if it was-"

BANG

[And that's the first Chapter. Nice cliffhanger, don't you think? Anyways, who could the mysterious figure be? Who or what might have caused the Bang? Find out next!]