Chapter 4: The Change Takes Place

The carpets were like a roller coaster. Left, right, up, down, even upside down. Luckily, the carpets somehow kept us from falling off. Invisible restraints? I was too scared to guess.

I held Andy in my arms, as he screamed and cried, struggling to get out. I could tell he was more scared then any of us. Anna was having the time of her life. Reef and Ocean were in front of us, so I couldn't see their expressions. They seemed calm. Me? I was about ready to barf.

Suddenly, we stopped. The carpets disappeared, and I realized where we were. In the ocean. I kicked and flailed, thinking Reef and Ocean had led us to our deaths. My lungs screamed for air. I looked at Andy and Anna, worried that they were already dead.

They were breathing. Legit breathing. No oxygen masks, no gills. Although, I thought, it would be virtually impossible for them to get gills. No nothing. They were swimming and breathing as if on land. I let go of my breath....... and took a big one back. I laughed, bubbles floating to the surface. I kicked and, you could say, flew through the water.

 I looked for Andy and Anna. When I spotted them, I gasped, shock filling my body. They had..... changed. Their legs were gone, and replaced by....... tails! Andy had a tail as green as grass, with the same blue dinos that were on his pants. His shirt was gone and a pair of blue wings were in its place! Anna had a shimmering purple tail with the stars that were on her pants, and a blue...... tube top? Mom would never have approved. She had large blue wings, shining like a star. Andy's hair had turned green, like his hat, and Anna's was aquamarine, like her headband. Both headband and hat were gone.

Suddenly, I felt a tingling in my legs. I looked down, shocked to see my legs melting away in front of my very eyes, being traded for a dazzling teal tail, hot pink shells and purple flowers along the right side. My shirt was replaced by a purple tube top and behind me fluttered  two purple wings. As my hair waved in the current, I saw my hair had turned a shocking hot pink. It definitely looked bouncier, even being underwater.

"You guys coming?" I glanced over at Reef and Ocean. It seemed like they had to undergo the changes too, although they didn't seem shocked. "Before you say anything," Ocean said, "we need to take you guys to our house."

I followed them, swimming downward, holding Andy and Anna's hands once again. I got the hang of flicking my new tail fast, as did my siblings. All three of us found out that if we flicked our tail and flapped our wings at the same time, we went faster.

All at once, a pearl city came into view. We stopped, gaping at the majestic towers. "Come on!" Reef called. We followed, swimming into the city of pearl.