"37"

Three day weekend. Fuck yeah. For the ones who stick around, I give you thanks. You're legit awesome.

"Natsu. I love Nashi. But she can be a handful. Why not just leave her here? Zeref insists anyways—" I'm drying my face with a towel as Lucy walks in behind me. She almost trips over something. "Goddammit!" She remarks. I chuckle. "Nashi's water toy." She sighs, holding up a tiny rubber lion. It's pink, just like her hair. Bubble gum pink.

"Hello! Lucy? Natsu? Where the heck are you?!" I can hear Erza yell.

"In here!" I shouted, she moved speedily and stopped at the doorway, leaning her shoulder against the frame. She looks fine. Seems fine. She raises her eyebrow between me and Lucy. "Are we going or not?"

"Oh. So you are coming?" I say, sarcastically. She smiles back with the same energy. "Yes, I am. I love to travel anyway. I could go out somewhere instead of—well, not doing much at home."

"Well, have you tried studying for the exams?" Lucy said. Erza shot a dry look. "Of course. I've covered everything entirely. Wait, this is only a weekend thing right? Because classes resume—"

"Monday, yes we know. Lucy's fine with going 'cause it's a weekend thing. You don't have to worry about missing classes." I reassure Erza, seeing as I know how studious and how serious she takes her college career. But I guess that's another reason she and Lucy get along like two peas in a pod. Erza expresses relief with a smile as she brushes down her hand on the side of her head. "Good."

"Erza, I think we should leave Nashi here. Natsu thinks other wise. So whatcha think?"

"Oh. Hmm. I think you should take her." Erza says, with a smile. She's not making eye contact. But she's smiling of the thought of taking Nashi with us. She loves her.

"See? We're taking her." I flash a teasing smile in Lucy's way. She sighs but doesn't argue. "Alright, I'll be back. It's gonna take a few extra minutes to pack her stuff." Lucy leaves the room, leaving me and Erza.

"So when are you proposing?" Erza asks, quite loud and blunt. I look away from Lucy's disappearing figure and frown at Erza. "Shhh! What? Who told you—oh my god..." Erza drops herself onto the bed and crosses her leg over the other. I see she has her bag on her lap and a suitcase right by her foot.

"Gray did. Actually. He did warn me to not say anything. Of course not for you, but for Lucy's sake."

"Just can we not—speak about this right now? She might walk in at any moment—" I say, keeping my eyes out for the bedroom door. No Lucy in sight. But I don't want to risk anything. She's a stealthy ninja, sometimes comes out of nowhere and hugs from behind. Sometimes I think I'm being mugged during those times. I think about Lucy and how much she means to me. From all those times in high school when she'd pinch, punch me and especially those smart ass remarks she would make. "You really love her, huh?" Erza says, with a teasing smile. I rub my face from growing hot.

The images of last night invading my thoughts. It had been a long time since we did that. "Yeah, but you just shut up about it." I snap, which causes her to burst out in laugher. She knows I get defensive when I'm embarrassed.

"Natsu. Where are we going? I'm hungry as fuck—"
Lucy said, as I gently dragged her into an empty room. Far away from the loudness that came from our friends.

"Lucy—" Is all I said, completely drunk. I'm not even sure I pronounced her name right. But she didn't even notice because she was just as drunk. "Uh-Yes? How can I help—y-you?" She giggled on my shoulder as I lifted her up on a plastic table. What are you doing Natsu? You shouldn't be doing this, you've had to much to drink. And so has Lucy. You don't have the right mindset right now. You have to be the responsible one here and stop—