What?

"Christine," Erik spoke softly, only loud enough to gain her slight attention. Christine looked up from her vanity table and over to the mirror with a small and gentle smile.

"Hello again," she got up and walked over to her mirror, "I didn't expect to hear from you at all today," she seemed to speak like she had to walk on eggshells with her words, "You've been avoiding me."

He made only a quiet noise in response at first before cracking the mirror open to look at her, "I assumed you'd know that I was busy,"

She rested a hand on the edge and slid it completely open, "Just as I assumed you'd come see me, I've been yours long enough to know when something's wrong. What have I done?"

"You've done nothing wrong," he responded simply, "You're mere perfection, I've been anxious in the thought of coming to see you, however, I overheard you speaking with Madame Giry, you told her you were sick," he stepped towards her and into the light, he leaned against the entryway and tipped her chin up with a single finger, "What is wrong,"

"Well, as you said, I'm mere perfection." she watched him, "Nothing at all is technically wrong with me, I am ideally healthy in every way and more, in fact, we both are."

He dropped his hand and shrugged slightly, "I'm not exactly the healthiest man,"

"Mhm," she continued to watch him, she let the smallest smile crawl across her face and she stood on her toes just to kiss his cheek.

He stood there and leant slightly into her touch, "Thank you," he whispered before pulling away, "You seem awfully cheerful," he looked down at her.

"I wasn't including you when I said both," she looked back at him, she reached out to him and gently took his hand, she placed it across her stomach and looked down as she rested her hand on top of his, "We're pregnant," she spoke in a benevolent tone that pierced his ears and caused him to tear his hands away.

He stood there trembling for several moments before grabbing her cheeks and holding them firmly. His eyes fluently smoldered with warm tears and he stared at her, "What?"

 His eyes fluently smoldered with warm tears and he stared at her, "What?"