Gone in the Wind (Prologue)

I listened to the roaring engine ring in my ears as I pressed my foot harder on the pedal. My newly acquired car came to life beneath me and I felt my heart beat quicken. The lights behind me became brighter and brighter and I knew I needed to pick up the pace. I was all about the rush, but I wasn't about to get caught. Without hesitation I pushed the pedal down as far as I could go. The purring in my ears got louder by the second as it vibrated inside of my soul. The trees all around me blurred as the blue and red lights faded behind me. A small laugh escaped my lips as I drove off into the night.There's nothing like the thrill of being successful at what you do.

Little did I know that everything was about to change. Plans I had no idea about were being set into motion. Plans that would take me on an unplanned adventure that I did not have a say in. For the time being I was Olivia, the their. The girl that could steal any car and not leave a trace. This wasn't in my action plan of what I wanted to do. If you would have asked me what I was doing in 8 years when I was 20, I would have never said stealing cars. But things don't always turn out the way you plan. I was so good at what I did I started picking up jobs for people with a lot of money to spend. Maybe I was too good.  Someone, somewhere knew who I was and what I did.